THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
So today is brisket day. I decided to give Myron Mixon's recipe a whirl. I modified his rub recipe from the book from 1/2 cup of kosher salt down to about 1.5 tablespoons.

Here is the brisket cleaned up...

I marinated the brisket in a combination beef broth and beef base overnight and injected it with the same stuff.

The brisket is on the smoker now smoking at 350 degrees with a combination of mostly hickory wood and 1 or two pieces of oak. I will be taking it out of the smoker in 2.5 hours to cover with foil and cook an additional 1.5 hours covered.

All total - this should take around 4 hours to cook. I need to serve at 5pm so hope it goes well.

Stay tuned!!

So here are the completed shots...

For lunch, I decided to make some ABT's with italian hot sausage, jalapeno's and american cheese wrapped in bacon. This was a nice snack while watching the G-MEN(Giants) smack around Atlanta.

Anyway, per Myron Mixon's book, I cooked the brisket until it reached 205 in the point. The point was perfect but the flat was dried out. I was disappointed with this, so next time I will start checking for doneness around 190* in the point.

Here is a shot of the plated brisket. I cut the slices a little too thick... oh well. The rub resulted in a DELICIOUS flavor. I will continue to use that on all beef products!

My bulldogs were begging me for scraps when the smelled it, but they didn't get any! Sorry boys!

Here are a couple shots of lunch today with leftover brisket. I kept the natural AU JUS and dipped the sandwich into it with every bite. The meat and roll soaked it up and gave it a really great flavor.

Looks great, and there is nothing quite like sammiches for lunch the next day. I sometimes wanna cook pork and brisket just for the leftovers.

Back