THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Have a buddy that relocated to Frisco, Texas from New York. He has gotten into smoking and grilling this summer in a big way. Cooks every weekend and some through out the week. Has a Weber gasser and a new Primo Oval that he bought in May. He is new to the area and so far hasn't been satisfied with what he has been finding as far as a good supplyier of meat in Frisco. Whole foods and Kroger. Says he is willing to make a drive to anywhere around the Greater Dallas Metroplex even as far away as Waco for a good meat supply or butcher shop.

Anybody in that area have a good source for top quality meat that you can recommend?

Thanks,

Robert

Has he tried the local HEB? The last couple of Texas Brethren bashes I've been to, I went to the local HEB and got a tri tip. Good stuff!

I was going to recommend HEB as well. If he's not happy with Kroger and Whole Foods he might need to find a butcher he likes.

I was going to recommend HEB as well. If he's not happy with Kroger and Whole Foods he might need to find a butcher he likes.

You have triggered my brain.

HEB does not deal here in North Texas. I think Waxahachie is closest they come. There is a Central Market in Plano but dang it I sure miss HEB.
Us fine folks in north Texas are just too good for HEB. šŸ˜©

Costco is good, we just recently got a membership. I like Old Town meat market also.

I forgot about Central Market! There are a few around the Metroplex and they have good meat. They are the HEB's "boutique" brand or some such thing...

There is a Market Street Grocery on Eldorado by the tollway with a good meat selection.

Take a drive down I-75 towards Dallas and hit the Costco Business Center which caters towards restaurants and is different from a standard Costco. Only downside is you have to buy in larger sizes. On my last trip I bought Choice Picanha (AKA Fat-On Sirloin Cap, AKA Coulette Steak) for about $4.00 per pound, but each cryovac pack had three whole roasts so you are buying a lot of meat!

https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/dallas-TX-655.html

Also Hirsch's Butcher shop in Plano is not far away. Famous for their sausage selection.

https://www.hirschsmeats.com/

Back