THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grnmtn

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I was wondering if anyone out there has any real world experience with the BBQ Guru units being used on a Meadow Creek PR models? Love to get a bit more sleep on the long cooks.

Brian

I own a pr-60 sometimes I run two 25cfm fans. I modified the slide vents so the adaptors are in the middle and not to the side. The pr-60 will get a 12-15 hour cook with 80lbs of briquets and no guru set up. real good grill but I think it cooks pigs not so good drip pan burns the fat after about 6 hrs and the pig is too close to the charcoal no adjustment and you cannot get to the charcoal

I actually have a 60 and a 72 and cater alot.

Tricks with the pigs are two fold. Make sure you have your grill set with enough elevation to one end to allow the the liquid grease to move down and out quicker. I also set up with the pig on their back if it is not going to be walked around and displayed. Line the grate with foil and roast away. I use lump charcoal, I use two 2" smaller angle irons with a wire mesh between to to act as a sub floor to allow the finer ash to shake thru and get a bottom draft of air. Reason I was looking at the fans was to keep just a bit tighter control over the longer burns... really I have been looking at pellet rigs, but figured I would try the fan routine first to save some cash.

Back