THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEngelhart

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I'm thinking of starting a BBQ catering business and was looking at different smokers. I saw an advertisement for the Maverick Competition smoker. It's basically a modified 55 gallon drum that is turned into an upright water smoker. I kind of like this because I don't want to spend a lot of money just starting out. I can't find much info on this smoker and no reviews. Does anyone know about this smoker?

I wonder if you have to buy aftermarket intakes when the originals go out after a few weeks?

I kid...kind of.

I don't know much about their smokers, but at $359.99 (price without the digital thermo), you could build two nice UDS. That extra real-estate would be really handy for catering. Not everyone feels like DIY projects, though, I understand, so a turnkey solution like that might be the way for you to go.

Good luck.

Back