Masterbuilt Gravity Series

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I am considering replacing my Weber gasser with one of the Masterbuilt Gravity Series grills. It's getting older and I use it less and less because I prefer charcoal. The only time it really gets used anymore is when I am in a hurry and need to flip a switch for heat. It looks like the MB will give me close to that same convenience.

My main concern is reliability. For those that have been cooking on one for a while. How are they holding up?

Thanks,

Matt

I think most of the owners, including me, would probably say the switches are the main cause of problems. Literally, they just can't stand the heat nor grease that accumulates on them. Maintenance with contact cleaner fixes most of the switch problems and removal and bypass of them fixes the remainder.

I’m going on two years next month. Bypassed my switches over a year ago when they failed. Otherwise still going strong.

No switch failures or any other issues except fan. I managed to fix it by going Russian Cosmonaut on it “for those who have seen Armageddon” and beat on it. Fan kicked on and haven’t had issues with it since. It’s been a good buy for the money. Really versatile.

To add:
I had both the 560 and 1050 Masterbuilts. The 1050 is built with a little more quality than the 560. Everything is identical except the size of the cook box. I bypassed all the switches after replacing the lid switch 3 times. When the controller on my 1050 went berserk, I replaced it with a Fireboard 2 controller. Never a problem with the Fireboard and always rock steady wifi connections. I relegated my 560 just to rotisserie cooking.

Back