THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With lobster medallions?

Absolutely.

You've never had Lobster Mac & Cheese? :shocked:

Cabana59.jpg

http://yummarksthespot.com/2011/11/03/smartly-me-lad-and-grab-that-lobster-mac-and-cheese/

I would do a mango and citrus salsa, with a lobster shell foam and micro shiso greens. I would also prepare a simple herb oil, along the lines of basil, shiso, pepper leaves and olive or grapeseed oil, use that for plating. Then, I would prepare a powdered of Togarashi to apply as a dust condiment.

But seriously...

Cut up some ripe mango and ripe sweet orange, into small cubes. Set aside.

Shave a medium heat red pepper into paper thin rounds, cure in sugar for 15 minutes.

Shave a shallot, a tiny one, salt for 10 mins, rinse thoroughly

Zest a lemon or key lime, reserve zest, mix juice and 2 tablespoons of a off-dry thite wine (think Moscato) with a touch of sugar

Combine all ingredients, Top with micro-greens, you want ones with a bit of a bite. Sprinkle with kosher salt, or better, some black salt. It will be beautiful, complement the lobster, contrast the bacon.

if they are CBJ's, you want a little tug to the meat, if they are guest judges, you want the lobster fall off the bone.

if they are CBJ's, you want a little tug to the meat, if they are guest judges, you want the lobster fall off the bone.

stop that you.

you know what i mean.

if it were ME, i'd deshell the tail whole and fan out parmesan crisps touched with wild clover honey to look like the tail.

sprinkle with rendered diced bacon and drizzled with a butter ,cream, and carqmelized onion sauce made with the crushed head and body of the lobster, strained.

if it's CBJ's dunk it in blues hog and walk with the win. :laugh:

we're not helping you aqt this point are we?

stop that you.

you know what i mean.

if it were ME, i'd deshell the tail whole and fan out parmesan crisps touched with wild clover honey to look like the tail.

sprinkle with rendered diced bacon and drizzled with a butter ,cream, and carqmelized onion sauce made with the crushed head and body of the lobster, strained.

if it's CBJ's dunk it in blues hog and walk with the win. :laugh:

we're not helping you aqt this point are we?
The judges are local chefs from some of the finer restaurants in the area. They will be looking for Bite Through Shells for sure!

Does it have to be a hot side dish. What about some kind of slaw. Would give it a decomposed lobster role type of feel.

Yep, decomposed lobster. Nothing more appetizing than that! :crazy:

But then what should we expect from the guy that competed with PB&J Wings? :rolleyes:

Deconstructed might work though. :thumb:

Yep, decomposed lobster. Nothing more appetizing than that! :crazy:

But then what should we expect from the guy that competed with PB&J Wings? :rolleyes:

Deconstructed might work though. :thumb:

Was typing quick and I never even caught it until cliff pointed it out. AND can you say AWARD WINNING PB&J wings please:becky:

Last edited:
Back