THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SkaterSmoker

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
MJ
I got my Workhorse Pit 6 months ago, and it was my first offset. Before that, I only cooked on Weber's. During my 7 month wait for the pit I researched everything and found great advice, but the one thing that was a little hard to understand was fire management. For example, "maintain your coal bed", what does that even mean?! A lot of the videos out there on fire management are on larger offsets, and I found out quickly that those techniques don't work on smaller backyard pits. I created this tutorial video to fill that void, and most importantly I created it for a tutorial for family and friends that will be borrowing my pit very soon.

There's no right way to run a pit, and many techniques are just as great and effective. This is my current technique, and it's been working great. I hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/IoQlzr0g0lg

Oh! I thought you were asking what it means!

Great informative video for beginners. Those Black + Decker gator loppers look bigger than what I was imagining.

Back