THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays MAKtion, Duroc Pork STL Spares people keep requesting the Spares and I say OK, guess I'm good at it or maybe not so good at other things. :shocked:

So Tasty :hungry:

Loot 'N Booty Everything Rub with a dusting of Killer Hogs Hot Rub.

IQpyCX4.jpg

BB81AfO.jpg

5TyIA6o.jpg

SCtXyLe.jpg

A59rgT7.jpg

Yeah, that's a built in part of the cool down process designed to reduce preheat time on your next cook.
And here I was dumping the pellets out of the pot. You may have to come and repossess my Mak. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So close but so far away.........I was so thrilled this morning that FedEx tracking showed my 1 Star arrived at the Austin FedEx facility at 5:51 AM. Why wait for Monday delivery, I'll just go pick it up today. My excitement was quickly over when I discovered that unlike the regular FedEx facility, the freight facility is closed on Saturday. So Monday it is. :cry:

Thats better than my Washington DC UPS experience. Item loaded onto the truck - out for delivery - truck at facility - package not delivered - reason: Too early (it would've been a day early)

Yeah, that's a built in part of the cool down process designed to reduce preheat time on your next cook.

So keep them when cleaning the pot and re-seed them afterwords?

Todays MAKtion, Duroc Pork STL Spares people keep requesting the Spares and I say OK, guess I'm good at it or maybe not so good at other things. :shocked:

IQpyCX4.jpg

BB81AfO.jpg

5TyIA6o.jpg

SCtXyLe.jpg

A59rgT7.jpg

What was your best temp/time for smoke flavor?

Well, I can't seem to get images to post. I've uploaded to imgur and shared publicly but they are not showing when I use img tags.

What am I doing wrong?

Have a couple butts going on as my first cook. I still need to set up my WiFi. First I just need to learn how to use the use program better to set up what I want it to do on the user 1 program. If I get the hang of that & I think I’ll be good to go!

Well, I can't seem to get images to post. I've uploaded to imgur and shared publicly but they are not showing when I use img tags.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you using the Original GIF Link? With all the options, it is easy to grab one that isn't compatible that gives you that result.

eE0agx8.jpg

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/eE0agx8.jpg?1[/IMG]

And here I was dumping the pellets out of the pot. You may have to come and repossess my Mak. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

At this point I am starting to wonder if you’re gonna make the MAK family probationary period... lol. Actually, it’s not a laughing matter. Sorry :(

I've a handful of cooks in now on my new MAK Two Star.

My first one was brats in beer & sauerkraut.
kUSHaPv.jpg

As you can see the brats are shrivelled. Not my goal. I thought I should start at 245* to get good smoke. However, this kept the brats at too low of a temp for too long; thus, the shrivelling. Next time, I'll start at 425* and adjust from there. I have this recipe down on my Weber kettle and I'll get there with the MAK.

The second cook was soy-sake cured hot smoked salmon.
TG6CgVH.jpg

The salmon was great. I started with the Smoke setting and turned it up to 220* as it's cold here and Smoke was sitting at 170*. Next time, I'll aim for 200* for the entire cook.

Last night was pastrami.
a1zcFKm.jpg

This, too, turned out great. We had leftovers this morning for a breakfast hash.

And today there's a pork shoulder. Here's where it's at right now.
shUSah7.jpg

I'll post more later on my overall thoughts about my MAK.

Note: Thanks for the image posting advice, Sid!

IQpyCX4.jpg

BB81AfO.jpg

5TyIA6o.jpg

SCtXyLe.jpg

A59rgT7.jpg

You my friend have officially been declared the Brethren rib whisperer!!! Man those look good :)

I've a handful of cooks in now on my new MAK Two Star.

My first one was brats in beer & sauerkraut.

kUSHaPv.jpg

As you can see the brats are shrivelled. Not my goal. I thought I should start at 245* to get good smoke. However, this kept the brats at too low of a temp for too long; thus, the shrivelling. Next time, I'll start at 425* and adjust from there. I have this recipe down on my Weber kettle and I'll get there with the MAK.

The second cook was soy-sake cured hot smoked salmon.

TG6CgVH.jpg

The salmon was great. I started with the Smoke setting and turned it up to 220* as it's cold here and Smoke was sitting at 170*. Next time, I'll aim for 200* for the entire cook.

Last night was pastrami.

a1zcFKm.jpg

This, too, turned out great. We had leftovers this morning for a breakfast hash.

And today there's a pork shoulder. Here's where it's at right now.

shUSah7.jpg

I'll post more later on my overall thoughts about my MAK.

Note: Thanks for the image posting advice, Sid!

Excellent start and fantastic looking food :)

So keep them when cleaning the pot and re-seed them afterwords?

I clean my firepot out after every cook no matter how long or short. I just prefer starting clean every time. I rarely “re-seed” the pot with fresh pellets. I used to, but it starts so quickly either way that I just stopped doing it.

I clean my firepot out after every cook no matter how long or short. I just prefer starting clean every time. I rarely “re-seed” the pot with fresh pellets. I used to, but it starts so quickly either way that I just stopped doing it.
^^^ This and I like hearing the pellets hit the empty pot. It lets me know the auger is working and that I didn't forget to clean my cooker.

Back