THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That flavor is fine for fast cooks IMO but I wouldn't want it for low/slow.

My thought was if you tasted zero smoke from hickory that mesquite might be detectable. You can't think of it as mesquite splits. It's more a kiss of mesquite when it's in pellet form.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My thought was if you tasted zero smoke from hickory that mesquite might be detectable. You can't think of it as mesquite splits. It's more a kiss of mesquite when it's in pellet form.

Yep, way different than mesquite splits.

What do all of you do to make the cleaning of the Grease/Ash Drawer easier?

I have a narrow stiff metal scraper that I will take every once in awhile and scrape the gunk into tha garbage can. From there I just wash out grease catch with warm soapy water. Super easy.

So close but so far away.........I was so thrilled this morning that FedEx tracking showed my 1 Star arrived at the Austin FedEx facility at 5:51 AM. Why wait for Monday delivery, I'll just go pick it up today. My excitement was quickly over when I discovered that unlike the regular FedEx facility, the freight facility is closed on Saturday. So Monday it is. :cry:

So close but so far away.........I was so thrilled this morning that FedEx tracking showed my 1 Star arrived at the Austin FedEx facility at 5:51 AM. Why wait for Monday delivery, I'll just go pick it up today. My excitement was quickly over when I discovered that unlike the regular FedEx facility, the freight facility is closed on Saturday. So Monday it is. :cry:

FedEx has made me cry more than once... sorry buddy. Monday will be all the more special :)

Better call at 7am Monday morning before they load it on the truck. After that you'll have to wait for them to bring it.

Didn’t think to get a pic of the meteorite before I sliced it and it’s all gone now except for some odds and end pieces. Made a little trim pile of the crispies and they were gone first!

The flat was a touch under done but that didn’t stop anyone from stuffing their faces.

I did think in time to take a pic of my plate though. I’m a point man, thank GAWD everyone else goes for the flat :mrgreen:

Jeremy... that is really close to that building. Probably no big deal since there's no way fire can get out of the cooker.

I always have unlit pellets in the fire pot after it runs the shutdown. Is that normal? You would think they would all burn up.

Yeah, that's a built in part of the cool down process designed to reduce preheat time on your next cook.

Back