Maiden Cook with the Ink Bird - IBT - 6X (Pron Heavy)

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
A Beautiful Easter afternoon here.

Had a 2 bone Choice Ribeye cut. Trimmed off the bones and seasoned with K salt and Udder Madness rub (Thanks Tuscaloosa Q). Also trying out the Ink Bird digital thermometer.

EcgN2iM.jpg

obKAZfS.jpg

8l5uOb5.jpg

rMAi8rP.jpg

Only used 2 probes for this cook although have check all 6 and all test within +/- 1*F.

On the OTG with KBB and some Pecan wood for smoke. My plan is to reverse sear. 125 IT then over the heat to 135.

klYD5xc.jpg

XdPl6au.jpg

gFMay5r.png

GoedDsA.jpg

3rA9n9O.png

zKU5VPx.png

UUvUhVi.jpg

InALBLO.png

Vz6eP2Q.jpg

Then off and resting. The Wife like the edges a little more done.

yc5kP77.jpg

ZEui6Hz.jpg

Take aways:

Disclaimer: I won these 2 items directly from Ink Bird during their Brethren Giveaway. Unboxing thread here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271147

Pros:
1. The unit works very well and as advertised.
2. I've not seen a better deal for $$ for 6 included probes, Bluetooth, alarms and graphing.
3. I checked the Bluetooth range to the end of my yard (about 100') and through 5 walls (from back patio to front of house) with no loss of signal.

Cons:
1. The only negative I could find is that it appeared the graphing feature does not plot above 300*F. The temp displays continue to work fine even when they exceed 400+ degrees. Not a big deal because high and low pit alarms can still be set like for overnight smokes etc.

Both devices functioned exceptionally well.

The steak was Great!

Thanks for lookin'.

Will be following this for a review. I have been using the Smoke, but would be nice to just be able to check my phone instead of carrying around the small display. Can't beat that price either.

I have the same unit and like it except the notification on the app. It only has an alarm that makes your phone vibrate or makes a sound until you open the app. I would prefer it to show a notification of what the alarm is and be able to silence the alarm without having to open the app.

great review happy.
Still use mine a lot
One thing I do is run some Foil under the leads to insulate them, I have a habit of cooking them in the past

Inkbird-30% discount of IBT-6X

Will be following this for a review. I have been using the Smoke, but would be nice to just be able to check my phone instead of carrying around the small display. Can't beat that price either.

Hello bro.I bet you goona love it.We provide 30% page coupon for IBT-6X.Get yourself a new gift!
Check the link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTMNVVB?ref=myi_title_dp

Hey Ken - I'm gonna buy a couple instant read thermometers for some friends. Is there still an active discount going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That right there is the bottom line....

"The steak was Great!"

Yep, have two Inkbirds, and a ThermoPro.

The ThermoPro and one of the 'birds are WiFi. I really enjoy their range.
The other 'Bird is Bluetooth, and to me disappointing in it's range at my home.
But I like them all.

I have one instant, but don't use it. It's from AC work. Don't need an instant with the others.

TP-08, IBT-4XP, and IRF-4S.

In all honesty, I've only used 4 probes when smoking 4 slabs of Belly Bacon. :wink:

Hey Ken - I'm gonna buy a couple instant read thermometers for some friends. Is there still an active discount going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello bro, sorry for the delay reply. Yes,we do have.Use the code be4 payment.
Instand Read Thermometer:15% off discount code: VPNSE934
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SQD4B3

Any question let me know,thx!:)

Back