Louisiana Champion Grill at Costco

here are a few pics with different size hotel pans.

you could get 2 shallow pans on the bottom rack in the main chamber, with use of 1 or 2 shelves on top of them. depending on the size pan, you could get a few of them in the vertical cabinet.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 632
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 630
so I did not get the traditional inaugural fatty cooked today, but I did get the initial spray and burn in.

the temps are pretty even in the main chamber, and about the same in the other 2 cabinets. I did test this with about 8 oven thermometers through out.

I have a couple funerals to attend tomorrow, so it will have to be Friday or Saturday when I get the traditional inaugural fatty run through it.

oh and here is the bad news about these units!

I called to order the front shelf and the cover and was told that they do not even have them instock yet and I cant pre-order them until they get them in stock.

the covers are supposed to be in by end of may/beg of june, and the front shelf is not supposed to be in until aug..............

not sure about that, but then again the young guy I was talking to didn't not know what he was talking about and said that I had to wait a minute while he looked it up.........SMFH

the covers are supposed to be around $80 and the front shelf is supposed to be around $100

Thanks for the info NMeyer. I've very seriously considering one. So serious that I just went out back and looked at my line up to see which one/s are going out. Looking forward to the cook.

Thanks for the info NMeyer. I've very seriously considering one. So serious that I just went out back and looked at my line up to see which one/s are going out. Looking forward to the cook.

I was doing the same. Thinking Blackstone is in the way of where I can put the pellet. Weird thing is I've never had 1 single interest in a pellet cooker. You guys are the worst and best at the same time.

I was doing the same. Thinking Blackstone is in the way of where I can put the pellet. Weird thing is I've never had 1 single interest in a pellet cooker. You guys are the worst and best at the same time.

Haha.. I got rid of my 36 BS since I retrofitted my gasser with the 28. I'll just have to sell the kamado which will offset the price some and open up more space.

I wasn't interested in pellets either but the ease if use plus the ability to hot and cold smoke is hard to beat. I make bacon and sausage all the time and this should make it painless to smoke at ultra low temps.

They had several & a display unit at my local Costco when I was there today (San Marcos, CA). Very impressive cooker.

That's it! If LoCal has some hoping SoCal will too. I'm calling around tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up Robert.

So yesterday when i was doing the initial burn in at 450, i noticed that temps right at the grate were spot on, and up on the middle shelf it was about 25 deg hotter. The chamber to the right showed about 50 deg less and i saw 150 deg less in the upper chamber.

Now, that was with everything wide open. I will document the temp swings tomorrow when i do the first fatty 's. I will do one in the main and one in the right lower chamber.

So yesterday when i was doing the initial burn in at 450, i noticed that temps right at the grate were spot on, and up on the middle shelf it was about 25 deg hotter. The chamber to the right showed about 50 deg less and i saw 150 deg less in the upper chamber.

Now, that was with everything wide open. I will document the temp swings tomorrow when i do the first fatty 's. I will do one in the main and one in the right lower chamber.

This is my concern if cooking at 225 in the main. I'm wondering if the side box will be 50 or so less as well.

Just called Costco service and there are 12 in my area. Guess I know where I'll be going on my lunch. Hot dog and smoker inspection.

here are a few pics with different size hotel pans.

you could get 2 shallow pans on the bottom rack in the main chamber, with use of 1 or 2 shelves on top of them. depending on the size pan, you could get a few of them in the vertical cabinet.

Thanks for sharing all this Nate! Still none of them here in GA, but if there were I'd be looking at them.

It appears so from your pictures, but can all chambers fit full pans depth wise? But only the main chamber can fit a full pan sideways and deep?

Available between about 10-20 miles in any direction from work of home. :clap2:

Off tomorrow so I'm going to check it out and if I like I will pick one up.

Hard for me to believe you're considering coming over to the dark side

Available between about 10-20 miles in any direction from work of home. :clap2:

Off tomorrow so I'm going to check it out and if I like I will pick one up.

Back