Looks like Shirley Fabrications has a new smoker coming to the market

Hinds15

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
BullseyeMetalWerks
Looks pretty similar to the workhorse 1975 (I mean only so many ways you can make a offset smoker).

EDIT: Not sure why the url isn't showing up but you can find the pictures and video on the shirley fabrication website.

WRVx6Uu

Looks pretty similar to the workhorse 1975 (I mean only so many ways you can make a offset smoker).

Yes, it looks to be the same chamber 48x24 & firebox 27x24 dimensions and all 3/8. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the stack is bigger (maybe). Also, I'm curious on how the throat/baffle design compares to WH, Franklin, or Millscale.

I can't wait to see their non-trailer version that's going to be on casters.

I have a 1975 on order and to me this is very reassuring seeing Shirley having a similar design.

I've been watching those instagram videos. The collector looks like the Millscale, the stack folds over like the Workhorse. Looks like a really cool pit.

I don't see anything on their website.

Is the new pit a direct flow and not a reverse flow?

Interesting. I wonder what made them want to build a direct flow after basically perfecting the reverse flow. Looks really slick and I'm sure it pulls awesome knowing the craftsmanship they put into their work.

Very, very similar to my 1975. Stack might be a little taller though? I bet it will be very popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, there was a facebook post also. Someone said how amazing it was that it had 3/8" steel. I replied saying it looked like a Workhorse 1975, which also has 3/8" steel.

Paul Shirley replied saying "yep similar but with some of our twist." So he knows. haha.

Looks nice. The folding mechanism seems interesting.

Interesting. I wonder what made them want to build a direct flow after basically perfecting the reverse flow. Looks really slick and I'm sure it pulls awesome knowing the craftsmanship they put into their work.
I remember watching a video and this cooker was a customer request and you already know Paul and his crew are up for the challenge. They'll build just about anything you want. I also believe this will be a regular build option soon, not a one off. Personally I got spoiled on the reverse flow but this traditional cooker is a slick looking rig for sure.

The whole reason this smoker is so interesting is because Shirley is venturing out of reverse flow!

So this is a reverse reverse flow as opposed to the reverse reverse reverse flow they currently build?

Interesting. I wonder what made them want to build a direct flow after basically perfecting the reverse flow. Looks really slick and I'm sure it pulls awesome

Grew knowing the craftsmanship they put into their work.

How this transpired is….there’s a market for it and I told Tyler well over a year ago that we were going to eventually need to enter that part of the market…. We have built a few over the years but not like this one… a customer ask me if I could or would build one a d I said absolutely… many people who have cooked on direct flow just can’t seem to get the hang of reverse flow for some reason and prefer a direct flow cooker….. I love reverse flow and always will I feel like to the best of our ability we have perfected reverse flow….with the direct flow cookers with the taller stacks and such in the last couple years it seems like he market has been good… is it a fad …… I have no idea … I mean in Texas it has been popular for years…again so here we are…. I’m finishing the cooker today and will have videos out soon…. As far as price point … models… all that is to be determined when I sit down with Tyler….sure there’s will be things we see and change on the cooker as we move forward but on this one I think we did well… the way our stack folds is different as is some other areas ….. moving forward we will adjust as needed…. To remain fluid in the business…. Yes steel prices are insane…. I’ve been in the business 40 years…. Never has it been like this, and we live 4 miles from Nucor’s mill in Tuscaloosa and have many contacts….this insane state will run not later part of next year is what we are being told….you will soon see the 3/8 thick pipe fire boxes on some of our 36 reverse flow models

Last edited:
Back