Looking for a new Rub for Pork/Chicken

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
It's time to order some new rub. What's good? I need it for mostly Pork, and Chicken, with simple ingredients and minimal to no sugar. My last two I enjoyed were Kosmos Q Dirty Bird, Oakridge BBQ Game bird. Any recommendation would be great.

Try some smoked paprika from your local store in the spice section. It's great on chicken!

I have been liking Heath Riles Cherry rub for pork. Its potent stuff so i go light with some Lawry's and light with the cherry rub. About 50/50 but very light.

I've been using the T9 (Triple 9) What The Cluck for chicken and the T9 (Triple 9) Swine Pork Perfection from The BBQSuperstore.

Buttrub is good on anything. We have used it on pork, chicken, steak, and salmon.
No sugar.

If you are open to something with a little southwest flair, I’m a big fan of Albukirky Green Chile seasoning on chicken and pork. It’s a bit different than the two seasonings you mentioned using in your original post.

I would take 30 minutes and cruise around on the Dizzy Pig site. There is a huge selection, the combinations of seasonings are somewhat unique, and there is a huge selection. The quality of ingredients is second to none. Chris (Nature Boy) was on the original BGE forum and the Basso BBQ Forum in the old days, and on occasion posted here too. I have been a user of Dizzy Dust for 20-something years, Raging River is another favorite, as is Tsunami Spin, but you are sure to find one or two that you want to try.

https://dizzypigbbq.com/

On Kevin’s recommendation I bought this for chicken

We’ve used it on chicken, pork chops, and salmon today. Killer on everything so far!

On Kevin’s recommendation I bought this for chicken

We’ve used it on chicken, pork chops, and salmon today. Killer on everything so far!
Looked it up. Sounds good.

Still wish blended seasonings were offered in salt free versions so you could add your own.

I'll throw you a curve ball.

WechatIMG675_1200x1601.jpg

You should be able to find that anywhere in the US. It's amazing on wings and crispy pork belly.

Great suggestions here. I used Yardbird's back in the day, but tried Kosmos Diry Bird and kept it in my rotation. I also liked Sucklebusters Clucker dust on chicken. It might be time two try yardbirds again, but alway's seemed a bit too salty. Anyone try Killer Hogs AP rub?

Great suggestions here. I used Yardbird's back in the day, but tried Kosmos Diry Bird and kept it in my rotation. I also liked Sucklebusters Clucker dust on chicken. It might be time two try yardbirds again, but alway's seemed a bit too salty. Anyone try Killer Hogs AP rub?

We use the Killer Hogs AP Seasoning all the time. Usually with other rubs and spices. Can’t say I’ve used it on chicken though. Yes to pork and beef.

Back