THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had a very lightly smoked blueberry cobbler once that was quite good. I think you could make a smoked pecan pie but I've never tried it. I've never made smoked desserts myself, but it seems that a little smoke goes a LONG way on desserts so i would expect to use very light flavored woods and run it very clean and hot so it finishes quickly. just a guess tho

and of course a smoked old fashioned is always a great dessert :p

Thanks for the idea!

Alternatively, I've been meaning to try a dump cake (using a closed cast iron put) in my offset. I plan to put the pot directly in the firebox over the embers that remain after I'm done cooking (putting a few of the embers on top, like one does with a dump cake in a campfire). But, as the pot lid is on, I don't expect much (any?) smoke on the end product...

I've made apple and blueberry crisps on a few of the kamado grills I've owned. Recipe was from a Weber cookbook. Crisps are pretty forgiving. The most difficult dessert I've made on the Goldens' was a Burnt Basque Cheesecake which turned out well but wasn't as burned as I would have liked. As an fyi, it was a Chef John recipe.

Dessert out on the grill can be a lot of fun, which reminds me that I haven't made one outdoors in quite some time.

I make Malcolm Reed's bourbon white chocolate bread pudding at least once a year. Usually for Thanksgiving. It's very good and hard to stop eating. If you are counting calories or carbs its not for you but ohhhh it's good.

Back