THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I am a LSG Kool-Aid drinker, but this thread shows clearly that Chris and Amber, aka, "LSG" provide wonderful customer support. This is in addition to the world class products they produce.

I know I am a LSG Kool-Aid drinker, but this thread shows clearly that Chris and Amber, aka, "LSG" provide wonderful customer support. This is in addition to the world class products they produce.
I agree 100%. LSG did not have to do what they are doing and I would not have thought one thing less of them. Chris and Amber have bent over backward to help me out in every way. The only other company I have seen that is as good as they are is Shirley Fabrication.

That sucks. Clearly someone in shipping stole it. If I was LSG I would be finding a new shipper. 900 pound metal boxes don't get misplaced.

Wouldn't have expected any less from them. :thumb: As for the cutting ties with the said shipping company, Chris uses a freight broker so Estes isn't the only company they use to cut ties with them. Unfortunately Cheez's smoker ended up with them. My shipping experience was excellent (Not Estes) other than a slight delay due to trying to find a box truck with a large enough lift gate to handle the unloading of my beast offset.

Cheez, I am thinking of dropping my vertical offset off down there to expedite the sale process if it hasn't sold in the next two or three weeks. If the timing works out and I can grab yours and soften a little of your trip, I'd gladly help out. Keep in touch with me.

Where was it last seen based on the tracking info ?

The Memphis terminal said they loaded it onto the truck going to Chattanooga. The Chattanooga terminal said they unloaded the entire truck and it was not on board. IMO one of those two is lying.

It doesn't matter much now though. Amber e-mailed me today and said she had received the claim check from the insurance company. Insurance company will now fight with Estes to get their money.

LSG will begin fabrication of my replacement smoker this week.

Sorry to hear about your missing LSG smoker, the hardest part will be waiting for a new one to be built. Estes delivered my smoker without any problems. I'm surprised there are no security cameras in the loading dock to see what happened to your smoker.

. I'm surprised there are no security cameras in the loading dock to see what happened to your smoker.
I asked the Chattanooga terminal manager about security cameras well over a week ago. He said they had cameras but didn't offer to have anybody watch the videos. I reckon you have to care before you actually take action.

So Cheez, you going to let them ship again or go pick it up? How far is it from your place?

They are 800 miles from my place. I will be working near Baton Rouge on the weekend of 3/19. If Chris has it ready by 3/21 I will go get it. They are only 4-1/2 hours away. If it's not ready by then I reckon I'll have no choice but to let them ship. Chris and I have already discussed it. There will definitely be a different carrier though.

WHAAAAT!?!

I just saw this thread and breezed through it.

Sorry to hear this cheez, it stinks on ice but sounds like you are being taken care of.

One of those trucks had it unloaded at a dock where a buddy works, betcha money.

I got a positive update on my smoker saga today. Amber from Lone Star Grills informed me that they have started the build of my replacement smoker today. She also said that LSG will be refunding all of the money I paid for add on options which totals $355 for my troubles and my patience! I told her that was totally unnecessary but she wouldn't hear it.

Once again the problems concerning my smoker were in no way, shape form nor fashion caused by anything LSG did or didn't do. This is more than customer service folks. This is pay it forward territory.

Now I wait the standard 7-10 business days and a couple more for shipping and I'll be in business. YEEHAW!

glad to see it will finally be coming home. i am sure that story will be told many times over. it may even be funny once the cooker is in your possession.

WONDERFUL!

There are many wonderful smoker builder type folks out there and Chris and Amber are right at the top. Just like that guy named Paul (and Terry) in Tuscaloosa. I love my LSG cooker and greatly appreciate all they have done for me regarding this fun and fattening hobby.

Back