THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pulled!

Well I don't know if my thermo wasn't reading properly or what but after a nap I managed to get 3 of the shoulders pulled. Some parts were actually a little dry but for the most part not bad. Taste was excellent, I will definitely try that rub again. The one I de-boned was sliced for the Lady. :) thanks for all the nice comments.

BTW, can I make anything from the leftover bones and meat scrap like soup or stew?

Attachments

Well I don't know if my thermo wasn't reading properly or what but after a nap I managed to get 3 of the shoulders pulled. Some parts were actually a little dry but for the most part not bad. Taste was excellent, I will definitely try that rub again. The one I de-boned was sliced for the Lady. :) thanks for all the nice comments.

BTW, can I make anything from the leftover bones and meat scrap like soup or stew?

That looks great. Especially coming off a Brinkman. Check the thermo in boiling water. I bet what happened was the temp went up after you foiled them. That cooler rest is a lifesaver on lower temp butts. I just pull as much as possible, and chop the rest pretty finely.

How many times did you reload the fire basket? Any idea on total weight of the charcoal used? Did you use the water bowl?

I'm exhausted just reading this thread! Looks very tasty though!

I put an extra half chimney of lump. Only because some of the coals got wet and didn't catch. Eventually they did catch and 24 hours later still had some heat in the coals. If I would have dried out the pan completely I don't think I would have had to add more. One thing I will do for briskets tonight is set charcoal grate higher for better air flow and ash collection. :) All in all I am very happy with its performance! I used about 10 lbs of briq's and the half chim of lump.

Yeah I posted a lot but I want to get my results out in detail for all you ECBers

Back