THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't. Here in Sunny San Diego ( 81° today at 4:00PM when I ended my bike ride) we BBQ outside year round.

Umm I was joking..I've never made crock pot bbq :crazy:

A little liquid smoke is a component in a lot of sauces both Q related and none. :thumb:

Some folks like it, I think it tastes fake. Its a personal taste thing and what is right for me is not necessarily right for you.

I prefer smoked paprika if I need more smoke flavor than my Q is going to have or if I want some smoke flavor when I can't Q

I don't use it, but I'm curious what first class shipping from the US to New Zealand really costs? Not what a merchant charges, just actual costs.

Where I'm headed with this is...... there might be a few other things you can't get, but are common here. Weight is obviously a factor in price, but someone might me able to get some liquid smoke and a couple of bottles of rub to you for the same money you would spend on just the liquid smoke.

Last year a guy in Canada was having problems locating curing salts to make Buckboard bacon.... The cost + shipping was really high. Well, the Hi Mountain Buckboard cure is made in Wyoming and it's in all the stores, so I offered to send him some.

On the customs papers there is a box you check if your package is a gift (less duty charges on their end) and another place for "description" and I wrote down "bacon curing spices". The Postal clerk said "bacon cure?", and I told him "yeah, for Canadian bacon".... He said "you're shipping stuff from Wyoming to a Canadian so he can make Canadian bacon???". Everyone in line cracked up.

I have used it when making Brunswick stew , when I did not have the time to bbq the chicken or pork to add to it . But do not tell any anyone :-D

Make your own, you can adjust for taste.
I wouldn't order it unless I had a particular need for it...

The prices you must pay 'Down- Under' might accidentally start a
'Boot-Legged' Liquid Smoke business...

Back