Let the Bagna Begin...

Ok, this Bagna looks interesting and scary all at the same time. The anchovie paste has me a little concerned. If I make it, I'll have to not tell anyone about the anchovie or no one will eat it.

Puppyboy said:
Ok, this Bagna looks interesting and scary all at the same time. The anchovie paste has me a little concerned. If I make it, I'll have to not tell anyone about the anchovie or no one will eat it.

Don't tell anyone!:-D

Remember, even worchestershire sauce and caesar dressing has anchovies!!:mrgreen:

Ok, at risk of getting rocks thrown at me.... But after the first ime of having the real deal that greg made, I made it with:

Fresh elephant garlic chopped in the food processor,
Healthy Choice Cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup
Anchovie paste in da tube
Unsalted Butter

And once with half and half(at smokers house around thanksgiving), and the rest of the times with 1% milk.:redface:

The healthy choice soups(to me) dont taste any different than the regular, just not as salty. Im used to them though.

the 1% milk, although a bit thinner, really didnt hurt the flavor much at all.. I also start it a bit earlier than usualy to let it cook down a bit and added a little extra anchovy paste.

It may sound wimpy, but using these alternatives.. did eliviate being racked with guilt, hiding the bathroom scale on the garage roof, and overdosing on lipitor for a week after eating it.. The problem is the stuff is addictive and if I'm gonna inhale it, I need something that wont kill me. :twisted: :eusa_clap

I have served the "reduced fat" version and no one ever complained.. The licked clean crock pot was proof of that.. Once it cooks down a bit, the soups thicken up and its good stuff.

I did like Phil and took it a little further and used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and the 98% fat free soups.

No rock throwing please...

Back