THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know anything about barrel cooking. But, please tell me what's the difference between a PBC and a UDS.

Also when is someone going to make a pellet version so we can keep the BS going.

UDS = Upright Drum Smoker or "Ugly Drum Smoker" (many people build their own).
PBC = Pit Barrel Cooker. It's also a UDS but mass produced and ready to go out of the box.
They are essentially the same

Same exact thing, only the homemade version is usually ( as in my case) is much more.... Crude than a PBS, which is a factory made UDS. You can BUY upgrades to the PBS at relatively low cost. Relative is - relative.

They all need to give thanks (and cash) to the guy back in '06 ish that developed through trial and error the correct placing of racks and locations and sizes for vent and exhaust. He was selling them complete, but was so proud of his efforts he put his information on his site where Big Mista and I promptly "borrowed" it for ourselves.

Just came across this thread, been following the lawsuit off and on for years. I think I'm buying a BHC as supposedly a nearby Wal-Mart has them on deep discount according to Brickseek.com. [We'll see, I've been burned by Brickseek before].

I notice that the 18c was formerly 197 bucks at wal-mart but now the BHC site says they are "coming back May 2019" and will be $299. Same price as the PBC. I'm guessing that extra $100 is more or less going straight to Noah's pocket for all you Noah fans out there who still have any reservations or feel like he got screwed.

Back