THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joshw

Babbling Farker
I don't see lamb around here often, so I was thrilled, when I seen this in the meat case.
CGQcB9U.jpg

ZMBo7fS.jpg

Marinated it over night in olive oil, white wine, white wine vinegar, garlic, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and S&P. Then gave it a coating of Q Salt, before putting it on the smoker.
07fv3vC.jpg

Smoked at 225 until an IT of 140.
CVbOCnW.jpg

Roasted some brussels and radishes in bacon grease.

7Tw5RtN.jpg

Let it rest for 30 minutes, then sliced.
ugm18rw.jpg

XOFMni8.jpg

Plated with some homemade tzatziki
VbS5L9a.jpg

It's been awhile, and I was not disappointed.
Thanks for looking!

Perfectly looking Cooked Lamb:thumb:
FYI
Cost works out about the same as here at the moment.
You Roast Radishes?
How?Tell me more please

Perfectly looking Cooked Lamb:thumb:
FYI
Cost works out about the same as here at the moment.
You Roast Radishes?
How?Tell me more please

Thanks Titch, that means a lot coming from the resident lamb expert.

Roasted radishes are new to me. I have done it a couple of times, since going on a keto diet. They taste similar, but not exactly like a new potato, once cooked, but they are much lower in carbs. I just trim the ends, and cut in half, then put them in a cast iron pan, drizzle with some bacon grease, or oil of your choice, and put in a 425 oven. Takes about 50 minutes. Salt and pepper, when they come out of the oven. Give it a try, changes the taste completely.

Thanks Titch, that means a lot coming from the resident lamb expert.

Roasted radishes are new to me. I have done it a couple of times, since going on a keto diet. They taste similar, but not exactly like a new potato, once cooked, but they are much lower in carbs. I just trim the ends, and cut in half, then put them in a cast iron pan, drizzle with some bacon grease, or oil of your choice, and put in a 425 oven. Takes about 50 minutes. Salt and pepper, when they come out of the oven. Give it a try, changes the taste completely.

Not sure on the lamb expert, My Peers here are all extremely talented but thanks on the Radish, great Hint as my wife is on the same Diet as you, seems I default to it as well

Not sure on the lamb expert, My Peers here are all extremely talented but thanks on the Radish, great Hint as my wife is on the same Diet as you, seems I default to it as well

Well then you should definitely give them a try.

I agree with Titch on the whole dish.

REALLY nicely marinaded... Just a shame it's been boned, but I suppose it makes for easy carving!

Interesting treatment of the radishes. I'll have to try. I'm full Keto too till I end up in a box, and radishes are totally outside my wheelhouse. From a Keto perspective I've been avoiding all root veg, but this might be worth a look.

I agree with Titch on the whole dish.

REALLY nicely marinaded... Just a shame it's been boned, but I suppose it makes for easy carving!

Interesting treatment of the radishes. I'll have to try. I'm full Keto too till I end up in a box, and radishes are totally outside my wheelhouse. From a Keto perspective I've been avoiding all root veg, but this might be worth a look.

Thanks.

There is only 1 carb or .5 net carbs per ounce of radishes, so they aren't that hard to fit into a keto diet. I don't think it is about doing without, but making the right choices.

The lamb is bone in, they removed the shank bone, I am assuming to make it take up less space, but the hip bone is still there.

You are on a roll here lately! Dish looks fantastic! What recipe do you use for your tzatziki sauce?

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are on a roll here lately! Dish looks fantastic! What recipe do you use for your tzatziki sauce?

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The winging it one.

I grated a cucumber, added some salt, and let it sit for a few minutes, then squeezed it dry, and chopped.
Minced a few Tbsp of mint
Minced a few cloves of garlic
mixed in about a cup of Greek Yogurt
Juice of a lemon
S&P to taste
Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Lamb is one of my favorites! Looks delicious, Josh. Your whole meal looks amazing.
Brace yourself for cold weather.. Hope the ice misses your area! :grin:

I havent ever smoked lamb, but you have me convinced it is a good plan! Way to go :clap2:

Lamb is one of my favorites! Looks delicious, Josh. Your whole meal looks amazing.
Brace yourself for cold weather.. Hope the ice misses your area! :grin:

Thanks Jeanie, the cold is coming for sure, not sure on the ice, they are saying it could go either way. Spent the day trying to get as much done as possible, just in case.

Back