Lamb Sirloin - TD Sponsor Cook

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Finally a nice day and the start of Spring! Gave the Big Joe a burn out to start the season. Aldi had some lamb on sale again, they actually have lamb on sale quite a bit and it's actually pretty good. This time around it was a Lamb Sirloin, never cooked it before, but what the heck.

xXSONU9h.jpg

Turns out it's two pieces. Since John(SirPorkAlot) from Naturiffic was kind enough to sponsor the winners for this quarter's Throwdowns with prizes, I ordered up some of his Lamb Rub and gave them a decent coat.

9Y3o7Anh.jpg

JOSJsLMh.jpg

Threw some taters & brussels sprouts on the grill to start.

x5RWSGmh.jpg

Then put the lamb on indirect to render some of the fat.

qcN94Duh.jpg

Then crank that baby up and give it a good sear.

4dWzKOSh.jpg

CfnM6dqh.jpg

IxeFDfzh.jpg

Plated up. John, that Lamb Rub is a winner, I'll be ordering more in the future! If you like lamb, you need to order some of this rub. John, thank you for supporting the throwdowns. :thumb:

BVtQvpph.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Andy!

Looking good.

The Lamb rub is one of my personal favorites and probably the most underrated rub we make. At least in my opinion.

I bought some lamb shoulder chops from Sprouts today and I"m pretty sure it was the same brand...interesting. Looks great :thumb:

Andy, that is a knockout cook in every way! Great tribute to Naturiffic's wonderful products, good lookin' cookin', nice grill shots, just fantastic!

And how was the lamb? I'll have to see if they have some at our local Aldi...

Looking good Andy.

I've been meaning to try cooking lamb.
I'm gonna have to order up some of that lamb rub and go for it.

Nice work Andy.

Aldi is always good. That Lamb though... it's hard to really identify it after the marinade and we might call it something different. Nicely grilled and I'm sure it was tasty!

Bill

Nice cook and thanks again to John for his great products and continued sponsorship of the TD's.

Nice work Andy.

Aldi is always good. That Lamb though... it's hard to really identify it after the marinade and we might call it something different. Nicely grilled and I'm sure it was tasty!

Bill

Yeah, never heard of that cut before. I blotted off the marinade and added the rub. Surprisingly the "marinade" doesn't sound all that bad except for the "natural flavoring". It did turn out pretty good.

34HZZQZh.jpg

Back