THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huh? What?

is one Smokin' Farker
Suggested to the wife that we smoke/grill something for Labor Day before going to work. Came home to find we are hosting a Labor Day cookout for fifteen people on Sunday.

Picked up 28 pounds of St. Louis style ribs for the main meat.

I made up a rub of brown sugar, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, dehydrated bell pepper, and Parmesan cheese. I did two thirds of the ribs with that.

Then I did a rub of brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, green chili powder, paprika, mustard, sea salt, and black pepper. I did the remainder of the ribs with that.

IMG_2513-wp_zpszpx5jtid.jpg

IMG_2514-wp_zps7batgpin.jpg

IMG_2516-wp_zpsyfotfs7x.jpg

They are all resting in the refrigerator until Sunday morning.

I don't like to put rubs with salt in them on the ribs and let them sit that long. But I may give your rum with the Parmesan a try.

Still not sure what we're having besides ribs. I suggested a side of bacon. The wife said that wasn't enough side dishes.

Experimenting with hanging ribs in the smoker. Using the standard metal racks that come with the smoker, I was pretty much limited to four racks of ribs at a time. I decided to try devising a way to hang the ribs.

I cut four steel rods the same width as the slide-in racks. Using two of the rods, I threaded them through the ribs. Then I can place the rods into the brackets the slide-in metal racks use and hang the ribs.

IMG_2524-small_zpsjcirhlie.jpg

Finished hanging all four rods with racks of ribs. Currently nine racks of ribs smoking.

IMG_2527-small_zpsidrcq96s.jpg

Back