THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wormraper

Full Fledged Farker
haven't tried Kroger brand charcoal before but they had 2x13.9 bags shrinked together for $7.99 this week at my local Fry's food. Almost grabbed some but not sure if it's worth it now with Mem week sales coming up in a few weeks

That would come out to $0.31 a lb. Not to good in my book.

yeah, it's not as great as the BF deals, but around here at least KBB are $9 per 13.9 lb bag or $14.99 for a 2 pack, so $7.99 is a huge diff. just don't know how GOOD the Kroger brand briqs are

yeah, it's not as great as the BF deals, but around here at least KBB are $9 per 13.9 lb bag or $14.99 for a 2 pack, so $7.99 is a huge diff. just don't know how GOOD the Kroger brand briqs are

I have used it in a pinch. Its ok, similar to KBB if you like that kind of coal, which I dont use anymore.

I know Royal Oak makes Kroger's house brand lump. I have heard someplace that Royal Oak also makes the briquettes, but I have seen no confirmation on that.

In my personal experience, I find Kroger briquettes to be about the same as KBB--rather disappointing.

If you look above the bar-code and you see ROE or RO, it is Royal oak re-branded. I just found 18# 2 packs of Best Choice Ridge briquettes (with ROE as mentioned) at a local grocery for 7.99 (~.22/lb)......the charcoal hoarding begins!

Back