THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Went to a really good Korean BBQ place a few months back and we wanted to give a version of it ourselves a whirl. Might be doing it more as it was really fun to prep and cook :-D

Went to an asian market yesterday morning to pick up the supplies. Got thin sliced ribeye, pork butt and then baby squid

Very nice to get already cleaned squid :becky:

Did a bulgogi type marinade on the beef, the pork was a chili sauce riff and the squid was a bunch of random spices with some lemon juice

Tried out some new charcoal I found at RD seems like solid stuff :clap2:

Wife made a green onion salad type side to eat one thing other than meat :loco:

Nothing screams Korean BBQ like margaritas.............:twitch:

Here are things cooking. Each meat took only a couple of minutes

And all done

Half the meat we bought is in the freezer so might do this again next weekend :-D. Love some bulgogi :biggrin1:

Beautifully done! I have the same little flat top with the holes, and just about all I use it for is Korean BBQ.

How come no Kimchi?

Beautifully done! I have the same little flat top with the holes, and just about all I use it for is Korean BBQ.

How come no Kimchi?

Was a semi last minute decision yesterday and didn't have enough time to really do it right or relatively right. I do love some kimchi :becky:

Squid, Octopi, whatever, still looks great Jason...

I agree. A leaf of lettuce, a little rice, some of that meat / squid, a thin slice of jalapeno, a thin slice of garlic, roll it in a ball and force it in your mouth, chew. Heaven...

Squid, Octopi, whatever, still looks great Jason...

I agree. A leaf of lettuce, a little rice, some of that meat / squid, a thin slice of jalapeno, a thin slice of garlic, roll it in a ball and force it in your mouth, chew. Heaven...

Ya next time we're already planning on a bigger spread :clap2:

Back