Korean BBQ Inspired Dinner

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Went to a really good Korean BBQ place a few months back and we wanted to give a version of it ourselves a whirl. Might be doing it more as it was really fun to prep and cook :-D

Went to an asian market yesterday morning to pick up the supplies. Got thin sliced ribeye, pork butt and then baby squid

Very nice to get already cleaned squid :becky:

Did a bulgogi type marinade on the beef, the pork was a chili sauce riff and the squid was a bunch of random spices with some lemon juice

Tried out some new charcoal I found at RD seems like solid stuff :clap2:

Wife made a green onion salad type side to eat one thing other than meat :loco:

Nothing screams Korean BBQ like margaritas.............:twitch:

Here are things cooking. Each meat took only a couple of minutes

And all done

Half the meat we bought is in the freezer so might do this again next weekend :-D. Love some bulgogi :biggrin1:

That looks so good! That's the thing about this forum. Everyone tries out something new and then shares what worked. Thanks for giving us all some good ideas!

Beautifully done! I have the same little flat top with the holes, and just about all I use it for is Korean BBQ.

How come no Kimchi?

Beautifully done! I have the same little flat top with the holes, and just about all I use it for is Korean BBQ.

How come no Kimchi?

Was a semi last minute decision yesterday and didn't have enough time to really do it right or relatively right. I do love some kimchi :becky:

Squid, Octopi, whatever, still looks great Jason...

I agree. A leaf of lettuce, a little rice, some of that meat / squid, a thin slice of jalapeno, a thin slice of garlic, roll it in a ball and force it in your mouth, chew. Heaven...

Squid, Octopi, whatever, still looks great Jason...

I agree. A leaf of lettuce, a little rice, some of that meat / squid, a thin slice of jalapeno, a thin slice of garlic, roll it in a ball and force it in your mouth, chew. Heaven...

Ya next time we're already planning on a bigger spread :clap2:

Well that sure looks tasty,I love Korean food but pass on the Occi tho

All looks amazing, love the sound of the spice blends.

Back