THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
It is way too cold here to smoke anything, so I have to resort to baking. A little bit of a back story to my love for kolaches goes back to my childhood. I grew up in a suburb of Houston that had a very high Czech influence. We had a Czech fest every year and it was a lot of fun. There was this little kolache shop that had great kolaches. We ate there for years until she closed her shop up. She made the best ham and cheese kolaches and sausage kolaches. I know that they are technically not kolaches if they have meat in them, but whatever. My dough isn't exactly like hers, but I like it. It was the first time I tried blackberry and strawberry. Both were very good but the pecan pie ones are the best. Thanks for looking.
62d02f766ffe1445fd879989804e2e56.jpg
5e9a64e3beb491030ea3bda2aa1c75e3.jpg
f230493d05e31a83b54faedae7bef3fa.jpg

I should have known it was a fellow Okie. I've made it to the Kolache festival in Prague Oklahoma a couple times. Yours look better than what I had there. A nice treat when done right

Around here the Asian doughnut places make them.Usually Long like a hot dog,wrapped in pastry dough.Those look delishious!

Looking real good! We have a place here that does them as well as donuts. Its hard to steer clear of their place b/c of how good it is. Yours look right up there.

Around here the Asian doughnut places make them.Usually Long like a hot dog,wrapped in pastry dough.Those look delishious!

That is a Klobasnek, but yes most donut places call them Kolaches.

Back