THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can see I am gonna get along with you guys real well :twisted:

As far as the BWS is concerned Mista, she aint pretty but will do the job. It was damaged during shipping and after all was said and done with fedex, BWS told me to keep her and do what I want with it. The internal box got misaligned and the front door got twisted but she still works ok. I really need to get my BWS Party ordered so I can do some serious cooking. I should get the wife's approval before I do so but an old friend told me "It's easier to apologize after the fact" :lol:, good words to live by after you have been married for a while...The patio is a neat smoker but is way too small in general. It only holds two racks cut in half and a max 5lb pork butt. I came from cooking on a WSM but I recently sold it to a buddy who was just getting in to Q.

Regarding this so called after party are you guys thinking of cooking again on the same day as the comp, just partying, or doing it maybe later in August?

I say later in August. I'm bolting from the comp and heading to the OC Fair for the Summer Haze Tour...Slightly Stoopid, G. Love and Special Sauce, and Ozomatli. I think that Apple Pie will taste damn good after that show!!

AAaaaah, the smell of recycled beer, goat droppings, carnival workers, and fried pineapple upside down cake on a stick. Good 'ol OC Fair!

Oh, don't hate Rocke! You know you've had the opening day of the fair on you calendar for months!!

On a serious note...does anyone have a good suggestion as to how to remove a very hot BBQ after the competition. I've been running this through my head and can't figure a good answer.

Oh, don't hate Rocke! You know you've had the opening day of the fair on you calendar for months!!

On a serious note...does anyone have a good suggestion as to how to remove a very hot BBQ after the competition. I've been running this through my head and can't figure a good answer.

Maybe Kevin knows what to do with a hot piece of ash...

Ya, I gets myself way off the track sometimes.......

Question: When we show up at the Rocke do we light our smokers right away, so food can go on right after the meeting/inspection?

Also, does somebody have a flame thrower that can help get me started? If not I got the lighter fluid........

Ey I got on of dim!

Hey, I'm practicin tomorrow on Mr. Meat smoker. Gonna try some different woods maybe with a mix of .....other woods.

Got me a cheapy 5 dollar slab of baby backs and ribs n thighs from Staters after surfing this mornin.

We have 9 teams, 10 if Thom and Kyle decide to cook! We have 8 Judges, 7 of whom are CBJ's. We are going to need 12 according to our Backyard Rep. I am waiting to hear from Brother Rocke as to wheather I am to reserve any of those spots for his neighobers. We are gonna need 2-3 more. Big Brother Smoke, Grillman40, Thawley...anyone else, are any of you up to come down and Judge?

Judges?!?!? We don't need no stinking Judges!

Seriously, what about leanza? Grillfella? Hello? Is dis ting on?

I can secure 1 judge locally as needed, maybe 2. Bentley, I'll call you tomorrow AM.

Have a chimney and a weed burner if needed Country.

Let's get to 10 teams!!!

Back