THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NascarFanTom19

Knows what a fatty is.
Has anyone ever tried putting flour on their chicken and cooking it in the smoker. I had a few wings left on Super Bowl so I threw them in the smoker and I was surprised. I took the KFC Recipe and made the video below in my Myron Mixon 72xc Smoker.

The chicken came out like I fried it. I know people air fry these days. Well the smoke kinda air fried my chicken. Very interesting I had to share the video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfn9w75V_R0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfn9w75V_R0[/ame]

Very nice, I tried "fried" chicken as well in my smoker...I completely screwed it up.

Thanks for posting, I'll have to try it again!

-D

I did it in my FEC a while back, turned out good, but kept popping the high temp trip. Should try it again one of these days on the Joe.

I do grilled fried chicken all the time on my weber gasser. I use tonys creole season under and on top of the skin. Egg >flour and spray it with veg oil. Get gasser to @400 degrees and cook top rack 30 mins flip halfway through. It's delish and super juicy. You can flour>egg>flour if you want more breading.

25060577056_5281564a25_b.jpg

24791305140_68794c5477_b.jpg

Looks fantastic! I have done grill fried chicken quite a few times but I think I will try this technique to see how it goes. I normally cook hotter for a shorter time but this looks really good!

My go to for wings is grilled-fried-chicken using a knockoff KFC recipe. I like my wings with breading and not nekkid! I'm usually in the 350-425 range on temp.

I am blown away by how crispy those look. How was the skin underneath? Crisp or was there a softer layer between the breading and the meat?

Back