THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry about the delay in this post Jim, but I just read this and thought I needed to respond
publicly, just to clarify and avoid accidental bad karma.

I didn't intend to sound like I was "sticking up for you" and I certaintly didn't
mean or think that anything that Randy or Podge said was wrong in any way, shape or form.

My only intention was to say that it was no mystery to ME as to why a contest
that you promoted would be a success. Nothing more. I probably could
have worded it better though. Sorry.:oops:

Looking forward to meeting you Podge and Randy!:grin:

Looking forward to meeting you too !.. Randy ain't cooking this one though.

I'll be there Thursday night and I'm bringing a "secret" helper as well as having Brethren Brother Ben - "bertkemtncurs" coming in on Friday as my helper and runner.

Went to the meeting today at the American Legion to get rid of the jidders and needed a few drinks to drive home.......................Well lets see I was hoping to hear that 36 out of 37 teams are 1st timers and what do I hear--2006 and 2007 Jack Daniels winners will be there along with Motley Que Crew...... plus all the brethren here that know what they are doing..........do me a favor if you see me standing there looking lost direct me to which end of smoker that it is that I light.

Being a first timmer I do want to thank Jim F. and Jim W. for the info and making me feel welcome. They have been great and it looks like this will BE and in the future the Elite in Ohio. I do ask alot of questions.... just hoping some of it sinks in.

Looking forward to meet all Brethren Brothers there and would like to set up a photo shoot with all brethern At say 7 or 8pm Friday in Frt of the Cannon in frt of the American Legion.

Doesn't hurt being a Brethren........:cool:bbq-bubba
It does help alot... hope we all can get together for a photo

i'm just hoping to make all four turn-ins Ricks tropical delight
I am hoping I dont burn down Kettering

Cant make thur night but will have Deer Chili for fri night so stop by and get some everyone. Just look for the blue lanterns Smokin' Blue BBQ.

i'll be there on thursday and i'll be cooking pulled pork pizzas

Went to the meeting today at the American Legion to get rid of the jidders and needed a few drinks to drive home.......................Well lets see I was hoping to hear that 36 out of 37 teams are 1st timers and what do I hear--2006 and 2007 Jack Daniels winners will be there along with Motley Que Crew...... plus all the brethren here that know what they are doing..........do me a favor if you see me standing there looking lost direct me to which end of smoker that it is that I light.

Being a first timmer I do want to thank Jim F. and Jim W. for the info and making me feel welcome. They have been great and it looks like this will BE and in the future the Elite in Ohio. I do ask alot of questions.... just hoping some of it sinks in.

Looking forward to meet all Brethren Brothers there and would like to set up a photo shoot with all brethern At say 7 or 8pm Friday in Frt of the Cannon in frt of the American Legion.

And then there's Smokey Mountain Smokers who took 2 GC's in 2007 after Labor Day and 4 GC's already this year with 3 RGC's and one more GC by Labor Day and they have an automatic to the Jack. Not many teams have done 7 GC's for an automatic. I'd say that we have a pretty good field to test our skills against.

OK for all the Northern teams. As I just posted, Joe will be there and he is the source of those great disposable cutting boards. I ordered 3 packs to be delivered at Kettering saving a lot of shipping. Just mail them if you want him to bring more.

Note: I have no interest in his business but I did see thsoe cutting boards early last year and am on my 3 set of 90 boards. They are fantastic for use at comps and no washing them. Even use some at home.

OK for all the Northern teams. As I just posted, Joe will be there and he is the source of those great disposable cutting boards. I ordered 3 packs to be delivered at Kettering saving a lot of shipping. Just mail them if you want him to bring more.

Note: I have no interest in his business but I did see thsoe cutting boards early last year and am on my 3 set of 90 boards. They are fantastic for use at comps and no washing them. Even use some at home.

Got any contact info Ford? Website? Phone #?

I'd like to check them out and maybe get some.

You can PM it if you feel it's necessary

Back