THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you really a dire t descendant? Thats way cool!
Andy, Toddy, Roddy and I are heading over to Linda Mullanes Pig Daddy's for Friday dinner. They don't have seating but from what I understand we can get our food in the bar next door. Anyone up for an impropmtu Philly bash?
What time you thinking???

I see that pellet cookers are on the Rules meeting agenda for the 10th consecutive year. I'm sure garnish will come up, too. These topics are like the Pucksatony Phil of BBQ. They come out the end of January each year waiting for the KCBS BOD to see their shadows. Could this be the year that these rules change because a couple dozen members meet in a hotel conference room?

They used to meet at a Senior Center.

The venues change, but the hot air stays the same. It is sad that we have contests struggling for sponsorship money along with a low BOD approval rating and people want to talk about the same rhetorical topics that have been discussed over and over for at least the ten years that I've been a KCBS member.

Well, at least this year we get to talk about the all important returning of parted pork to the cooker.

I will be driving down during rulesa way to listen n.
thanks
Nancee

I should be there late afternoon at the latest. For those who don't want Q (anyone's Q) walking distance has awesome Chinese/Asian and Italian. I can do either.

I'm looking to eat around 1:00pm sat anyone need a tagalong guest? Looking for some good grub. Some good fish and chips sound great but I'm up for anything need to coat my stomach for the drinking later that evening.

I'm doing a silent boycott and going to drink and eat cheesesteaks instead... :rolleyes:

A boycott maybe.... but silent? highly doubtful... :twisted:

Candy you are correct. The annual meeting is open to every KCBS member in good standing. (pd dues and good moral character). You only have to register 24 hours in advance if you desire to address the board on an issue.I look forward to seeing everyone in Philly.
Merl

Since when did good moral character become a requirement.... you tryin to stonewall me from attending, Merl :rolleyes:

I'm looking to eat around 1:00pm sat anyone need a tagalong guest? Looking for some good grub. Some good fish and chips sound great but I'm up for anything need to coat my stomach for the drinking later that evening.

Dang, it's 8:30 AM here and you got me craving fish and chips with malted vinegar and a nice Newcastle Brown Ale!

Dang, it's 8:30 AM here and you got me craving fish and chips with malted vinegar and a nice Newcastle Brown Ale!

That's not as bad as the people that had me craving Salumeria all day yesterday. I'm told the Italian Hoagie w/house dressing is the way to go.

That's not as bad as the people that had me craving Salumeria all day yesterday. I'm told the Italian Hoagie w/house dressing is the way to go.

Thanks! I'll let you know how they are. I hope I'm not too full after the cheesesteaks and roast pork...

I'm all over that, I'm in the research phase for a writing a coffee table book about Italian combo's......:biggrin:

Need to make it to Chi-town for the real Italian combo... Or get there at the right time at Lake Placid... They went pretty quick last time... :roll:

Attachments

• beef combo.jpg
    beef combo.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 72
are you really a dire t descendant? Thats way cool!
Andy, Toddy, Roddy and I are heading over to Linda Mullanes Pig Daddy's for Friday dinner. They don't have seating but from what I understand we can get our food in the bar next door. Anyone up for an impropmtu Philly bash?

I'd love to try Pig Daddy's if you don't mind us tagging along. I'll check with Parsley Lady. Let me know what the plan is.

Need to make it to Chi-town for the real Italian combo... Or get there at the right time at Lake Placid... They went pretty quick last time... :roll:

Darn you, Scottie! I'm stuck in a video call and I'm starving! :-D

Back