THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do y'all think about Dizzy Pig's stuff compared to SM?

We just did a bunch of tri-tip and a pork rib roast with the sweet and spicey rub and I gotta say it was fantastic. I usually only use a montreal season on tri-tip , but I love the sweet and spicey now.

Big props to the guys at SM for quick shipping. I left a message in the comment field when I ordered b/c I knew we had people coming over Saturday. Sure enough, the delivery arrived yesterday afternoon - just in time for me to prep 3 beer butt chickens.

The chickens were a big hit. I injected them with Mojo and rubbed 1 each with SM cherry, SM spicy apple, and Yardbird. All were awesome. I think the SM cherry might have been the best. Really cool rub.

Plenty of comments like "I don't even like chicken, but these are awesome." Thanks again to everyone for the recommendations and to the folks at simply marvelous for quick shipping and an excellent product.

I just ordered the SM apple and and sweet and spicy. They are both excellent, but spicier than I expected, which I love. My question is about using them for comps... I've got one coming up in a couple of weeks that's just ribs and butt. Which would you recommend? (I also got some yardbird rub). Thanks!

You will NOT be dissapointed in either SM or Plowboys. Good choices either way.

I used the SM Season All last week on scallops......farkin perfect man!
I've done the Season All on fries too (per chambersuac's recommendation).
Spicy Apple is crazy good on pork chops.
SM Cherry is great on butts.

I REALLY like Plowboy's Yardbird on chicken, although the SM ain't nothin to sneeze at! I've only had 1 shaker of the Bovine Bold, but it was great on steaks, brisket....think I did it on chuck steak too once.

Hell.......they're all incredible.
You'll see.....:thumb:

You will NOT be dissapointed in either SM or Plowboys. Good choices either way.

I used the SM Season All last week on scallops......farkin perfect man!
I've done the Season All on fries too (per chambersuac's recommendation).
Spicy Apple is crazy good on pork chops.
SM Cherry is great on butts.

I REALLY like Plowboy's Yardbird on chicken, although the SM ain't nothin to sneeze at! I've only had 1 shaker of the Bovine Bold, but it was great on steaks, brisket....think I did it on chuck steak too once.

Hell.......they're all incredible.
You'll see.....:thumb:

I've used the yardbird before,And love it. I just restocked at the same time I ordered the SM rubs.

I just ordered the SM apple and and sweet and spicy. They are both excellent, but spicier than I expected, which I love. My question is about using them for comps... I've got one coming up in a couple of weeks that's just ribs and butt. Which would you recommend? (I also got some yardbird rub). Thanks!

Use away, the apple is spicier on the tongue than on meat. I think you should do a practice cook anyway:thumb:

Back