THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Started by removing the bone, so that I had a meat tube, to accept the jalapeno popper.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Then I marinated the chicken in Reds Hot wing sauce, Buttermilk, and Cajun seasoning overnight.
picture.php

Made some Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers to replace the bone.
picture.php

Dill Weed, Salt, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Crispy Bacon, not pictured.
picture.php

picture.php

Stuffed the Jalapeno Popper, into the bone cavity.
picture.php

Wrapped in Bacon, to hold in the Cheesy Goodness.
picture.php

Cooked at 350 until internal was 140, glazed with Reds Hot wing sauce, Honey, Molasses, Butter, and Cajun Seasoning.
picture.php

Continued Cooking until internal was 170.
picture.php

WOW Very nice Your knife skills are very good

Thank You, that was the first time I had deboned a leg that way. I normally just cut down the length of the bone. I thought it would look cooler this way though. So I gave it a shot, and it actually worked just like I planned. It's great when a plan comes together.

Oh my god. That really is awesome. Was it difficult to get the bone out?

Not as hard as it looks. Basically, you make a lollipop, then go to the other end, and cut the meat away from the knuckle, that attaches to the thigh. That is the hardest part. Then you slowly peel the meat back turning it inside out, as you cut the meat away from the bone. Once the bone is loose, you hold the meat in one hand, and pull the bone with the other, it pulls out pretty easy. You just have to be careful, because there isn't much holding it together once you removed all the tendons.

I'm totally planning to do this with boneless breasts or thighs. Pound them flat, roll around a popper and then wrap in bacon. Great call.

You won't be disappointed. I am generally pretty critical of my food, and this was with out question, a home run. I bought some thighs as a backup, in case my original plan failed. Ended up cooking them with some naturiffic seasoning.

Back