THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldyote

is Blowin Smoke!
I've never made a chicken burger before. So this was sort of fun. I will absolutely do it again as the variations in what you could do with this are really endless.

I started with a recipe I found on the internet for a Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Burger. Here is the stuff.

1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Optional Toppings
4 hamburger buns
sour cream
lettuce
red onions
guacamole
chipotle salsa

Put them on the Weber for a bit until they looked like this:

Started with some guacamole on the bottom with my "burger" and then some red onion, fresh jalapeno, and sour cream (there was also jalapeno in the burger but I didn't want to go overboard for my family so it was only 2 teaspoons in the whole thing).

Added some chipotle salsa.

Some lettuce, a bit more sour cream, chips and beer. And here it is my first chicken burger.

I'll admit my wife and i both went a little overboard with the toppings and had to eat it with a fork. Scarlett was the only one who successfully managed to keep it all together. So much for being a good burger role model :biggrin1:.

Looks great! I love chicken burgers. Started grinding up thighs recently so have a good stock on hand in the freezer and burgers is the most used method for them :clap2:.

Back