THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will you be doing for Father's Day Dinner?

• I will do the BBQing

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Someone else will be doing the BBQing

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Going out to dinner

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Nothing special

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Seems I can't create a thread these days without folks telling me how much they wish I had posted it in the form of a poll, so here goes!

What will you be doing for Father's Day as it relates to the preparation of bodily nourishment?

Last edited:
Fathers Day Eve Eve: tri-tip street tacos and mayo-cotija-cayenne corn on the cob (I'll cook)

Fathers Day Eve: grilled ribeyes with all the sides for my son-in-law (grandkids can't afford anything for their dad this year so I'm giving them an assist)

Fathers Day: told not to do anything but be ready to be abducted by son and daughter-in-law

We are headed to one of our daughter's and the son in law is doing the BBQing, actually grilling. Since there was no option for that in this poll I voted someone else is doing the BBQing. Burgers and dogs then cake nd ice cream for the daughter's birthday this past week.

I will be doing nothing special, I will be smoking meats.

My dad has passed, but I will be cooking a ribeye in his honor. :thumb:

My father also has passed.
I will honor him and my grandfathers by smoking a pork loin and a couple tenderloins.
My only offspring is 950 miles away so it will just be me and my Brother and a couple of sisters.

Son with identical twins + one year old is down from NYC. Daughter just delivered twins here. Getting together on Sunday. No Q, spiced shrimp from Golden Rule fish market; in-laws bringing store bought stuff; and I am tasked to make 4 pizzas. Dough fermenting in fridge as we speak. New twins attached.

Attachments

• Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 71
My Dad passed at 47 years in a boating accident I was 22 and in the USAF and far away. I never will forget what we did before that. Never will forget his gasoline coal fires and when he dropped a burger on the ground how it would end up on my plate instead of 2 little sisters plates. Talk about a gritty rub! :razz: I missed him since 1977. :thumb: May do a gasoline and dirt burger in his Honor with a Brethren Touch.

I think the wife has already planned dinner....without asking. But its suppose to be raining the next 4 days due to the tropical thing coming in, so I'm not too broke up about it. And she makes pretty good chicken Kiev.
Both our dads are 6 hours north, work schedules won't let us travel. It it's what it is.

Back