THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will you be doing for Father's Day Dinner?

• I will do the BBQing

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Someone else will be doing the BBQing

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Going out to dinner

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Nothing special

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters
Son with identical twins + one year old is down from NYC. Daughter just delivered twins here. Getting together on Sunday. No Q, spiced shrimp from Golden Rule fish market; in-laws bringing store bought stuff; and I am tasked to make 4 pizzas. Dough fermenting in fridge as we speak. New twins attached.

Congratulations. The twins are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

My dad passed away in 1986 one month before my wife and I got married. Have been celebrating Father's Day with my kids for about 31 years. Daughter and son-in-law will be coming over on Sunday and we're going to do some short plate ribs on the MAK. Looking forward to it the day as always! Will definitely be watching the US Open as well.

Dad died at 47, never did much grilling. We had a grill with the round raised hood that you turned a crank to raise or lower the grill.
The boys only live an hour and a hour a half away but I don't push to have them here as they are fathers and deserve their day.
Have no idea whats for eats.
Happy fathers day to you all.
Ed

My dad died when I was 18 and he never cooked.

My son bought a house that my wife and daughter haven't seen yet so we're going there tomorrow and I'm cooking a brisket as a housewarming gift.

Wife was planning to run to town and surprise me by bringing back sushi. I surprised her last night by bringing home so sushi, so she informed me this morning that I ruined the plan and now we will be winging it. No BBQ, but will likely grill something from the freezers; steak, wings and/or burgers.

Mama is in Texas visiting the kids and I'm here all by my self taking care of the dogs, so it's a sandwich, and I'll probably run the crab pots if theres orders...
Just another work day....

My dad died when I was 18 and he never cooked.

My son bought a house that my wife and daughter haven't seen yet so we're going there tomorrow and I'm cooking a brisket as a housewarming gift.

Did I mention that I just bought a new home recently? Lol. Brisket sure makes a lovely gift!

Attending a Father's Day car show at the home of a relative. Since it's a morning (breakfast) event, I decided to bring biscuits. I can not show up empty handed. And since I could not decide what type to make, both buttermilk and sourdough are planned, 2 dozen total. They'll stay warm in the trunk of the NSX :mrgreen:.

Monday's my birthday, so family will be here for cake Sunday afternoon. As for dinner, I have no ideas. We'll make it up as we go along.

Happy Father's Day to you dads out there.

Looks like I'm grilling a couple of prime Picanha.
cb47255a986551b75842f1800f9ad39c.jpg
934b11a7b916008bf3f63dd894111284.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Got a couple of cards from St. Louis today. One from Daughter and one from Grand girl. 4 years old and has an attitude.

Heck I did not even know it was FD tomorrow. I just had too much fun making them! :grin:

I was going to grill tonight but my wife and daughter stepped in and wouldn't let either me or my son-in-law help with anything. Absolutely no complaints! Oh, and did I say this is the first time my wife has ever used a grill?

My dad is 2200 miles away but I’ll be doing plenty of the cooking when I fly back to Michigan next month. As for me, I Q’d a whole lot of meat today, and my wife helped. One of my son’s helped serve it. It was a great day. (Needless to say, we celebrated a day early.)

My son lives close.His wife’s mother has been out of town and coming to visit them.No worries.I see him every day and we are very close.My little buddy(daughters boy) is going to hang out with his Dad and Paternal Gdad to play a little golf and such.He is 10.He requested pork tenderloin for dinner,so that is what it will be.I miss my Dad every day.Not a day goes by that there is not something I wish I could ask him.

Dad passed when I was 42, son lives 380 miles away

Walk-Bike-Golf,,,,,,,Beer

Just another day in paradise

PS: every day I talk, I hear my dad. It doesn’t take a special day

Similar story here Adams.

Son and daughter are 12 hours away but we will talk or face time.

Grilling Ribeye, Scallops and Corn on the cob - My way today

Back