It's my turn...

Massive mother. Love those slam locks and diamond plate! Just screams serious business.

Thanks guys...

the second day of the class was today and we loaded up the cooker after the class and I hit the road, so I am just catching up.

I made it to Smyrna, GA, south of Nashville and had to stop to refuel and use the restroom, and my eyes were burning so I decided to stop here for the night.

things are really supposed to suck north of I-70 tomorrow so I'm going to decide what route I ma going to take tomorrow morning and then drive until I hit snow and then spend the night again. I don't have any early meetings on Monday so I can take my time.

I want4ed to catch up on a couple of specific relies, but I appreciate all of the good words.

Awesome looking rig! So, I'm gonna ask a silly question but I truly don't know. What's Captain Ron's Brew and Q? Do you own a BBQ restaurant?

I mentioned it in the first post. That is our competition BBQ team name and logo.

Hey Ron, I would hate to see that thing in a snow bank between here and Chi - Town. Sooooo... in the interest of helping you out until after the snow is all gone for the year, you can drop that good looking smoker off at my house and I will keep it safe for you, and may even get it all broken in for you. What do you like to season your pits with? I only live 10 or 12 miles from Acworth. I could let you know how good it cooks a good brisket, etc. :wink:

Omar

Thanks for keeping my best interest in mind, Omar :-D I didn't see this until I was already up the road a ways, so maybe next time :p

So you drive through Indiana (I presume?) and didn't even call ol' Wampus for a nice lunch or dinner meeting huh?

Farker. :becky:

Looks like a great addition to the family Ron! Purty!!

Seriously, if you need a place to hold up in the snow, let me know. I'm right outside of Indy and have a guest bedroom and plenty of room to park the truck & trailer.

Yeah, sorry. I went down US41/US63 and stopped in Rockville to have lunch with a friend there. She's prettier than you :p

I appreciate the offer and I'll see how things look in the morning. right now my inclination is to head west on I24 and then either go back up US41/US63, or go over to I57 and go north that way. The storm is coming from the west so the western routes should be better sooner.

If anyone is following my adventures, my trip home continues :-D

I left Nashville this morning and after looking at the weather forecast decided to head west on I24 into IL and then north on I57. I made it to Mattoon, IL and decided to stop. the temp had dropped to 33 degrees and the radar showed snow just north of Mattoon. I'll finish the rest of the trip (about 3 hours) tomorrow after the roads up north have been cleared.

Please be careful, Ron. Want you to get home in one piece so we can see all the gorgeous and creative stuff that's going to come out of that cooker. :becky: Congrats! :whoo:

I made it home around 4pm yesterday. I waited until noon to leave the hotel and the roads were pretty good except for one thing...

When the sun is melting the snow or ice on the road, areas that don't get sun still have ice :eek:. Under almost every overpass was icy. It's a narrow strip, but hitting the brakes at the wrong time could have been interesting.

When I got home the lock on the trailer tongue was frozen and the lock on the trailer ramp was frozen. I had to unhitch the trailer so I wasn't blocking out sidewalk with the front of my truck, so I grabbed a hair dryer and thawed out that lock but we decided to wait until today to mess with the ramp lock.

We just went out a few minutes ago and that lock was fine wince it was in the sun so we unloaded the smoker and put it into the garage. Of course, that means my wife's car has to stay on the driveway until I can rearrange things in the garage :-D

Back