It's My Turn to cook for a high - end client -

I think you will need one more cooking surface.
great minds think alike - I'm bringing my smokey Joe for backup - I could bring another 18 or a 22, but the Lamb just knocked a bunch of square inches off of the surface needed.....

The perfect marriage between a filet and a ribeye is a 8oz filet of ribeye from SRF. I grilled 2 for the first time last week and they were incredible. My cook is in the current clusterfark TD if you want to check out pics.

The perfect marriage between a filet and a ribeye is a 8oz filet of ribeye from SRF. I grilled 2 for the first time last week and they were incredible. My cook is in the current clusterfark TD if you want to check out pics.

I will check it out, Shenco - I know you are waiting for a TD like
"100 CHICKEN HALVES" or some such ginormous cook!

Are u doing appetizers?
I'm thinking a few ABT's for the spicy type, a few red bell pepper ABT's for the chickens, and all around
Venison pig-shots for those who don't know they are eating Bambi.

The lady DOES NOT WANT BRUSSELS! She has no idea how good they can be I should trick her!
I don't have time for the slow roasted PR, wish I did.
I think I'm hitting thick lamb loin chops, your Romaine, Asparagus,
and tiny potatoes steamed.
I feel I have enough grill space w/ the Lamb chops, 2 per person.
Gonna make a plan.
Loin chops is a great idea as long as they all enjoy lamb. 2 per person wouldn't take up much grill space. 1¼-1½" thick

The grilled Romaine has been a staple in our cooks for the last year and a half and I can say for sure we are not even close to getting tired of it. I like the thought of the lamb chops but a super pimped out Porterhouse sounds even better. Now i'm thinking with my stomach so I may not be any help to you.:confused:

Zane - on your Proscuitto wraps - how do you grill them?
Time, temp, etc?

I cook by eye and feel but for what you're doing I'd grill them in a low temp side with a couple of sprigs you can gnaw a bite off of once the color starts to change. Simple is better, evoo, s&p, garlic powder. When its hot and just has a little bend to it, pull it off. Wrap in a group of 3 with imported di parma prosciutto. You can add a little herb cheese like Boursin before the wrap if you want some wow, just make sure its all under well wrapped prosc. Finish over lower direct heat. Keep those tasting sprigs there so you can monitor the asparagus. You could also flash par cook them just a bit and save yourself a lot of babysitting. The finish for this would be a dusting of very fine parm, and drizzled basalmic reduction, which you could also do before. If you made up a fresh thyme hotel butter with a little berry in it, it wouldn't be sweet and would finish the lamb nicely.

Last edited:
Very good If you do a whole tenderloin save the fat ant put it on the meat Let it melt down while cooking- really good

Can't go wrong with a whole tenderloin. Sear it first then turn heat down and cook at 350ish till rare. Season with sea salt and pepper. Always get rave reviews.

If you want to consider a different meat, here's something a guy in our office did last week that was a spectacular presentation and tasted phenomenal:

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/recipes/2015/03/pork-crown-roast-and-balsamic-potatoes/

Crown_on_Platter_sharpest-1024x767.jpg

Back