It's Christmas Eve Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?

I just grilled a couple of pork tenderloin with a blood orange/balsamic reduction for a glaze. Some extra of the blood orange stuff to drizzle on the plated pork. Served with roasted reds with a fermented mustard and herb butter dressing.

I'm stuffed.

Well, it's Christmas Day here in Downside Up Land.

We are going out to relatives for a cold lunch. Yes. A cold one.

Then back to my parents place in Barnawartha for dinner where I will be slow roasting a leg of Lamb on their gasser BBQ.

I may get involved with beer, wine, whiskey and song.

The weather is sunny and 35 Celcius : 95 F.

Awesome.

Well, I have my 13 lb prime rib roast dry curing in the fridge. I made a poor attempt to French the bones and trussed it back up after seasoning it. Saved the rib meat and hoped making some chef snacks with it tomorrow. Cappicola is underway and my beautiful mother in law requested kielbasa….so that may happen this upcoming week.

I did trim about 3 lbs of fat off the ribeye roast, so may incorporate that to my chuck roast for ground beef.

Merry Christmas to all the brethren and to echo what others have said; hug your relatives. I’m missing some that I’ll never see again, and trying to not let some bad blood ruin my Christmas. Carpe Diem.

We do something different every year. Last year we did Cajun and I smoked an alligator. This year we did traditional BBQ. I smoked spare ribs, baby back ribs, beef ribs, and pork butt. Merry Christmas to all, I hope you have a good one!

Back