THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
The missus wanted burgers for the fourth of July. I wasn't really down for burgers, but since I couldn't think of anything else, I decided to make something I could live with.

I bought a pound of ground buffalo, a pound of grass fed beef and a pound of 73/27 ground beef to get some extra fat.

We had onions, hydroponic lettuce, tomatoes, applewood smoked bacon, Danish blue cheese and a homemade burger dressing that I made with Dukes mayo, First Field ketchup, onion powder, garlic salt, fresh cracked white pepper and two kinds of Lucky Dog hot sauces.

I buttered and toasted the brioche buns.

I needed some fat to cook the burgers in so........duck fat for the win (mixed in with the leftover applewood bacon grease).

So the end result was a blended buffalo burger fried in duck fat with applewood bacon.......buffalo, cow, pig, duck..... served with a side of slaw and a fresh IPA.

Thanks in advance for looking!

Mouth Watering!

Man, I saw those burger pics at 11:30 and I still have 30 mins before lunch. Don;t know if I'll last that long! Looks super good.

Thanks! It's melted Danish blue.

One of my favorite burgers ever was the "Oh My Bacon Back" from the Lunt Avenue Marble Club in Tucson, long out of business. It had a bleu-cheese sauce with bacon on an onion roll. I've never had anything like it and have not been able to duplicate the flavor. The combination of the onion, bacon and bleu cheese was completely balanced in this case and the sauce was not overpowering as bleu cheese can easily be. I have a particular weakness for this class of burger. Your burger looks fabulous.

Four animals to make ONE burger!?!

Well God Bless America!!

Looks fantastic! Pass one this way please!

Back