THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasjurisd

Full Fledged Farker
Hello BBQ Bretheren,

This past weekend was the annual Houston Rodeo and Livestock Show World Championship BBQ Cookoff and I was lucky enough to land tickets to two tents: 1) Those Texans and 2) The Cayenne Social Club. Both great but I digress.

I've been BBQing/Smoking for a couple of years in my Webber Kettle. I started by smoking cajun injected turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas (according to BBQ bible recipe) and have also done briskets in the summer for the 4th of July and our annual Kentucky Derby Party.

My equipment as of today consists of a Webber Kettle, a Larger Char-Broil Kettle, a Char-Broil Propane Grill, a Medium Lil Smokey, a Cobb Premier and my most recent addition which is what led me to your forum......drum roll....the Char-Broil Bandera Smoker....which I plan on performing the mods on according to those recommended here. It is my hope that with this new addition I will finally be able to get into cooking ribs!

Anyway, I'll leave it there and look forward to learning more about the craft!

Joe.

Hi Joe. This weekend starts the Austin Livestock Fair and Rodeo. Can't wait to go scope out all the little piggies just waiting for a good "Rub".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back