THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldhoss

Full Fledged Farker
Just spotted an ad for a "Weber, 26" BBQ, Coal Burning, 2 Years Old, Rarely Used".........here:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...ng-2-Years-Old-Rarely-Used-W0QQAdIdZ507803528

The vent is located dead middle on the lid and there is an upper hinged grill. That and a few other details I can notice from the single picture make me think this is not a Weber but a competing brand. Some of you have alot more experience with Kettles so I ask for your opinions. Up here in Canada a brand new 26 inch Kettle goes for $399 plus 13% tax so this little ad got my attention and then some.

That isn't a 26in Weber Kettle. 26in weber kettles still use the tri-pod design for legs. Also I am not aware of any Weber Kettle that is hinged. The wheels also do not look like any Weber wheels.

That isn't a 26in Weber Kettle. 26in weber kettles still use the tri-pod design for legs. Also I am not aware of any Weber Kettle that is hinged. The wheels also do not look like any Weber wheels.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for you input.

You may be correct. Whatever it is it would not be near as good as the "Real Thing". No way am I going to drive a couple hours + to buy something "not worthy".

Looks like the 26 1/2" Masterbuilt (or something like that) that either lowes or hd was selling. It would be great buy for that person who was looking for a kettle lid for his 85 gallon drum.

Back