THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was concerned that it seemed a little cheap as well, I will wait until the guy emails me back with information on temperature rating.

That does sound cheap , a company that give us metal just installed a powder coating outfit, the price was around 2M for it. It a time involve process

He replied and said the hi temp bbq powder coat they use is rated to 650 degrees. That ain't going to cut it!

I may just end up buying a spray gun and doing it myself. I already have an air compressor that will handle it and I am planning on building a whole hog cooker next year, so it is probably worth it to just buy the equipment.

Get the equipment, You wont have to worry about it again! A well treated (oiled) hi temp paint is just as good as a powder coat IMO. and if anything happens to the finish you can always take 2 hours one afternoon and repaint.

Cheers

Get the equipment, You wont have to worry about it again! A well treated (oiled) hi temp paint is just as good as a powder coat IMO. and if anything happens to the finish you can always take 2 hours one afternoon and repaint.

Cheers

Yeah I think you are right! Just the refinishing aspect alone has pretty much made my decision for me.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Back