Is Powder Coating A Viable Option

I was concerned that it seemed a little cheap as well, I will wait until the guy emails me back with information on temperature rating.

That does sound cheap , a company that give us metal just installed a powder coating outfit, the price was around 2M for it. It a time involve process

He replied and said the hi temp bbq powder coat they use is rated to 650 degrees. That ain't going to cut it!

I may just end up buying a spray gun and doing it myself. I already have an air compressor that will handle it and I am planning on building a whole hog cooker next year, so it is probably worth it to just buy the equipment.

Get the equipment, You wont have to worry about it again! A well treated (oiled) hi temp paint is just as good as a powder coat IMO. and if anything happens to the finish you can always take 2 hours one afternoon and repaint.

Cheers

Get the equipment, You wont have to worry about it again! A well treated (oiled) hi temp paint is just as good as a powder coat IMO. and if anything happens to the finish you can always take 2 hours one afternoon and repaint.

Cheers

Yeah I think you are right! Just the refinishing aspect alone has pretty much made my decision for me.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Back