THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That was intense! I think I'm caught up with the PMs, sorry for the full inbox, as a non-subscriber a flood overflows it in hours.

Enjoy everyone and let me know.

He lapsed into a food coma....
Indeed the most likely explanation :biggrin1:

Sorry for the delay. It got late last Sunday, and this week was so stressful I could not even pass by the forum once. Just now I viewed the photos of last Sunday's cook, and I'm gonna post them tomorrow morning (CET).

Looks like you're on your wayt to better results for the next one. I htink that the meat has a lot to do with how it comes out in the end. But you're definately not to far off and well on your way!!! I'd eat a plate or 2 of that!!!

Looks like you're on your wayt to better results for the next one. I htink that the meat has a lot to do with how it comes out in the end. But you're definately not to far off and well on your way!!! I'd eat a plate or 2 of that!!!
The problem is, I don't know what went wrong concerning the missing juiciness on the inside, so I don't know what to do differently next time.

As described, everything went as planned till the wrapping in parchment. The only problem was that it took way too much time to hit IT 203°F from the point of wrapping, although the grate temp went up to the 290-320°F area.

It could have been the enamel-coated casserole, the used parchment paper or simply the kind of meat they are offering here as a kind of brisket ("Brustkern" directly translates to "breast core").

The next brisket is already in the fridge scheduled for Tuesday (depending on the weather), but this one is smaller with just 9.25 lbs. Something crossed my mind, and I am hoping for some input in a new thread concerning that matter.

I think that it could be the meat. The pics you posted of it looked they they trimmed it rpetty good and it looked pretty lean as far as the marbeling goes. But, those could have been bad pics and things don't always look the same as they don't in person.

Parchment can act as a bit of an insulater, which could explain the length of time it took to finish, but I think that the enamaelled pan could have been a big factor also, likely the biggest factor of all. I'm assuming that it was put on the smoker not warmed up? If so, it had to preheat and it likely kept your brisket from cooking any further until it equalized in temp. But with that said, I don't think that the length of time it took to get it to the tenderness you are after is what caused the lack of moisture.

Back