THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I talked to OCBP yesterday and they mentioned they have 100 more they are on contract for and will be delivering them to "the buyer" (academy) at the end of the month/early June.

I just got an email response from Alejandro - Academy ordered 85 more units. But he said there are 6 Left last he heard. Maybe call Academy’s 1 800 number and have them check store inventories ............don’t think they’ll ship from store inventory - so Road Trip............

How close is this to set it and forget it for say an overnight cook? How long can it run on one chute of charcoal? Also any issues with the charcoal jamming?

Last edited:
How close is this to set it and forget it for say an overnight cook? How long can it run on one chute of charcoal? Also any issues with the charcoal jamming?

Bridging can occur with Lump sometimes. With Briquettes I don’t see it happening. Full chute should go 12-14 hrs - I’ve never tested it to find out - I’ve done a few overnite cooks but they are 8-10 hour cooks. I run a PitMaster IQ120 on it for overnite. It Holds pretty steady on ball valve once you get it to temp. Cool thing about GF is you can Easily add charcoal and clean out ash during a cook.

This fella has done several OC GF vids, as I'm sure there's gotta be others on YT

https://www.youtube.com/channel/ucux5wwcuwhr-qgbpul8zssa

Link doesn’t seem to be working for me. However if it’s for Trendkill BBQ I came across it today and have watched a few videos. I still plan on getting one if they come out in an academy far enough North for me. Hopefully the wife doesn’t request that they Yoder has to go in order to get it.

Link doesn’t seem to be working for me. However if it’s for Trendkill BBQ I came across it today and have watched a few videos. I still plan on getting one if they come out in an academy far enough North for me. Hopefully the wife doesn’t request that they Yoder has to go in order to get it.

Yes, its Trendkill, I'm working with this tablet and I have trouble with links, for some reasons

https://youtu.be/qN2T8QO_8dY

Bridging can occur with Lump sometimes. With Briquettes I don’t see it happening. Full chute should go 12-14 hrs - I’ve never tested it to find out - I’ve done a few overnite cooks but they are 8-10 hour cooks. I run a PitMaster IQ120 on it for overnite. It Holds pretty steady on ball valve once you get it to temp. Cool thing about GF is you can Easily add charcoal and clean out ash during a cook.

Does this thing run better on lump or briquettes?

Also does much ash come into the cook chamber? In watching a video or two online it almost appeared as though the shelves had a lite layer of ash. Could have just been the angle or video effects though.

Last edited:
Does this thing run better on lump or briquettes?

Also does much ash come into the cook chamber? In watching a video or two online it almost appeared as though the shelves had a lite layer of ash. Could have just been the angle or video effects though.

I Like Briqueetes but I've Never liked Lump in Grills or Smoker - tried several brands in several grills and smokers.

You can get a lil ash into bottom of cook chamber - esp if running an ATC. I've Not had a problem with ash on meat.

I Like Briqueetes but I've Never liked Lump in Grills or Smoker - tried several brands in several grills and smokers.

You can get a lil ash into bottom of cook chamber - esp if running an ATC. I've Not had a problem with ash on meat.
My T&K blows ash into the cc with my ATC. Even worse when I use the leaf blower to get up to temp waaaaay faster. Line the bottom of the cc with foil if that's gonna bother you. Never gets on the food.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zUGZNAHSXjWF5kqA6
Got me one yesterday fellas! Seasoning her as I'm posting!

Last edited:
I see your part of the Old Country Pits Facebook page also. I’m just patiently waiting for hopefully Wichita or some other Northern Kansas Academy to get them back in stock.

Smitty, Have you been given any updates? It appears that Academy has completely pulled it from their website. Hope that isn’t a bad omen.

Back