THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bc3

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Bob
I have the Inkbird 4 probe wifi unit and using it for the first time today.

Half way through my smoke one of the probes started to read very high. I moved the probe over to another connection and the problem followed it. It reads 30 to 40 degrees too high. I took the probe out and made sure it was Clean and the wire had no defects. It worked ok for the first 8 hours..i was using it with the included clip to measure pit temperature.

What now? Thanks!

Have you tested in water at boiling point? Or have you moved it to a different port to see if its the port or the probe?

Agree with Titch since it's new.

I have one, it gets kinda flakey, mostly on the pit temp probe, but not consistently.
My inkbird sous vide circulator is getting flakey now as well.
I have it running at the moment. Just checked, it's running 10* above the set point and as I was watching, the readout was fluctuating +/- 5*.
Both have had a fair amount of use and are out of warranty, I'll probably spend a bit more $$ on their replacements.

I checked all the probes before starting ..boil and ice bath. All probes were off by 2 degrees and adjusted. I sent Inkbird an email. The one probe i used for pit temp is the one that flaked out and it had same problem when moved to another port.

Agree with Titch since it's new.

I have one, it gets kinda flakey, mostly on the pit temp probe, but not consistently.
My inkbird sous vide circulator is getting flakey now as well.
I have it running at the moment. Just checked, it's running 10* above the set point and as I was watching, the readout was fluctuating +/- 5*.
Both have had a fair amount of use and are out of warranty, I'll probably spend a bit more $$ on their replacements.

I wanted to post an update regarding my comment about my sous vide circulator.

I disassembled the unit, found some very minor lime build-up, so I soaked it overnight in vinegar.
That seems to have solved the temp issues,
but it still made intermittent noises.
I disassembled again and found the impeller was slightly loose.
I tightened the screw, reassembled and it is currently running nearly silently and on temp.

I do have a brand new Anova unit staring at me now...

Back