THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I say no on phosphates. Reason is this. A friend had a bbq trailer for profit. He injected with some sort of phosphate stuff. (I want to say Mortons) Tasted good. He served brisket chopped. Went to a competition, used the same method for brisket only he sliced it. Slices had large spots from injecting. Crazy part is, a judge commented on "trying to artificially make smoke".

Yes inject, no to phosphates

If he used Mortons tender quick, that stuff is used for curing meat. Some comp. cooks use TQ for a short time to help them get a really thick smoke ring. My understanding is that it's supposed to be washed off before cooking.

For awhile most commercial injections (Butchers/Kosmos) tasted very similar, now I notice there is a difference between them. Not sure if I'm just now detecting that or they changed formulas.

If he used Mortons tender quick, that stuff is used for curing meat. Some comp. cooks use TQ for a short time to help them get a really thick smoke ring. My understanding is that it's supposed to be washed off before cooking.

Not really sure what it was, but it was something he used regular I think? But injecting can definitely make food tastier. His is very good!

Back