THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Carl
I got my hands on a 60 day dry aged prime brisket the other day and I am going to cook it for Fathers Day. I also have a Costco Prime brisket that I am going to cook as well. I want to do a side by side comparison of the 2. I will season exactly the same and keep every thing as close as possible. I usually inject my briskets, but I'm not sure if I should inject the dry aged brisket or not. I've never cooked a dry aged brisket before. Little help please. :mrgreen:

Dry Aging just removes moisture from your brisket which tends to be pretty dry to begin with! I would not inject a dry aged ribeye steak, but a brisket yes. I don't see the point in dry aging brisket to begin with, but that's another conversation.

Inject away something containing phosphates like Butcher's BBQ or Kosmos Q to replace all of the moisture needed for a successful low and slow cook and let us know how it turns out.....

With Father's Day having past how did the briskets turn out? I am really interested in the dry aged brisket.

Back