THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think you're right about folks on the forum enjoying great food whether cooked indoors or out. I love trying new recipes, working on them, and tweeking them until it's just the way I want it to be. That being said, I think that was one fantastic looking plate of food. Great photo too ( as always).

Plate looks great. I love jerk! In fact I got a bunch of paste I made and vac-u-sucked sitting in the freezer waiting for my call. I used Phrasty's recipe and I must say its killer! I smoke my jerk using pimento wood chips and that my friend is the key to it. The smoke from that wood is so exotic in scent and flavor it just adds that special something. If you get a chance check it out, it ain't cheap but its worth it!

My sister-in-law's husband was Jamaican . His mother passed her recipe to my wife for peas and rice. It is a staple around our house, at least once a month. Yours looks great.

Man that looks great. I cook for folks that don't like dark meat. How do you think it work with bone in breasts for the wussiesl

I think it would work fine. I saw a lot of recipes that called for a whole chicken, parted out. Just be sure to pull it at 160. Dark meat is more forgiving.

CD

Been doing Jerk Chicken and Pork for over a year now since I went to Jamaica. Yours looks good. Next time get yourself some Scotch Bonnett sauce to go on the chicken as a side sauce....that is the way they do it down there. It is the side sauce that gives smoked Jerk Chicken the heat....the product made by women in ovens is a different thing entirely. Grace makes a great Scotch Bonnett sauce.......get the orange/yellow coloured one. The orange scotch bonnett hold the most flavour and mid heat. Green ones hold the least flavour but most heat and the red ones hold mid flavour and least heat.

How did you handle the scotch peppers? Did you chop them up and did you use gloves to deal with them?

It all looks good.

Well, being the idiot I am, I didn't use gloves -- as usual. I chopped them up, and only removed the seeds, not the membranes. Pepper seeds can be really bitter. I tried not to handle them much, but they are habeneros.

Late last night, while watching TV, I did have to make a run to that bathroom to run cold water over my left eye, after foolishly rubbing an itch. :doh:

CD

My sister-in-law's husband was Jamaican . His mother passed her recipe to my wife for peas and rice. It is a staple around our house, at least once a month. Yours looks great.

They will be a staple around my house, too. :thumb:

CD

Excellent plate and fantastic reportage. I have bookmarked this and in the coming months I will come across it, do the raised eyebrow thingee, and run to the store. :hungry:

Back