THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did 2 Saturday - one with chopped peppers (red, green and yello) sauted with onions and garlic. Put some smoked gouda in it. Man it hit the spot.

The other one I did for a friend who likes everything hot - Jalopenos, pepper jack, I sprinkled in some white pepper. Then for the outside I sauced it with a habernero salsa I found at Wal-Mart mixed with some BH. It was great - I paid for it the next day!!

A Stuffed Fattie is known as an Armadillo Egg. We take a roll of Italian Sausage, stuff it with green pepper, onion, black olive and Moz cheese or take a roll of Hot Sausage and stuff it with jalipenos ans Pepper Jack cheese.

Last edited:
i dont mess with 3 2 1 method on fatties...never saw good reason. I just do 'em for about 3 hrs till 160 internal.

Why limit yourself to ONE? With all the ideas, coals going to be burned either way, throw a few on and enjoy. The first one always looses half its mass to the cooks "testing' for doneness. The second one gets devoured way before it cools and the third and fourth one can be enjoyed the next day with breakfast. I mark mine with different numbers of toothpicks so I can keep them straight. Once a fattie has been cooked, they all look pretty much the same. Its my way of "labelling them".

Why limit yourself to ONE? With all the ideas, coals going to be burned either way, throw a few on and enjoy. The first one always looses half its mass to the cooks "testing' for doneness. The second one gets devoured way before it cools and the third and fourth one can be enjoyed the next day with breakfast. I mark mine with different numbers of toothpicks so I can keep them straight. Once a fattie has been cooked, they all look pretty much the same. Its my way of "labelling them".

YUP! :lol:

Ya are burning the fuel anyway.
No such thing as too many fatties! :lol:

And, the freeze well for biscuits and gravy or whatever later.

TIM

To each his own...but a six hour fatty to me equals a hot dog! :p

Depends on cooker temps, just like most cook times.

At low 200's--that is what it will take.
At mid 200's--more like 2-3 hours.
At about 300--probably 1.5 or so.

I use meat internal temp now.
Try to pull them and wrap in foil to rest at about 155 to 165 or so.
Moist and delicious every time! :lol:

JMHO

TIM

Depends on cooker temps, just like most cook times.

At low 200's--that is what it will take.
At mid 200's--more like 2-3 hours.
At about 300--probably 1.5 or so.

I use meat internal temp now.
Try to pull them and wrap in foil to rest at about 155 to 165 or so.
Moist and delicious every time! :lol:

JMHO

TIM

Yeah, you are right, I guess I have always cooked mine kind of like a meatloaf at about 300* and it takes about 1 1/2. Cant seem to get the crust I like at the lower temps!

Back